• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

So, what next gen console will you be buying?

m3lyc

Everybody crawls back to microsoft in the end. period. :lol:

Pretty much

You talk about expensive, I doubt my friend is the only one that has gone through and bought 3-4 PS3's over the years due to breakdowns,

I've gone through 6 Xbox's, all got RROD

although it is in need of an update as I'm still running an i5 2500k

Your joking, Even at stock speeds I doubt there are many Graphics card that will be bottlenecked  buy that chip, Sell the 560 for 70 to 80 quid, Add another 70 or so, And for around 160 quid your good to go for the next 3 to 4 years 

i have no argument about pc being the better gaming format, i prefer the console controllers but as mentioned you can use them on PC now anyway.

but i have a question, what do you do if you don't have the space for a desktop, as far as i see the laptops for gaming cost a lot more than an Xbox or PlayStation and you will end up having to replace it eventually because you can't upgrade them.

I don't want to use my PC for playing games, I accept that I COULD hook it up to my TV but what's the point? I use my PC for browsing the internet and listening to music, my laptop I bought for slot car live timing and my PS3 is for gaming. I'm also aware you can use PS3 or XBOX 360 controllers for the PC but I don't care. And what do you mean it's aload of crap that you can't run the Uncharted Series or Last of Us or whatever on PC? They're PS3 exclusive games and haven't been released onto the PC.

Lee.

I don't want to use my PC for playing games, I accept that I COULD hook it up to my TV but what's the point? I use my PC for browsing the internet and listening to music, my laptop I bought for slot car live timing and my PS3 is for gaming. I'm also aware you can use PS3 or XBOX 360 controllers for the PC but I don't care. And what do you mean it's aload of crap that you can't run the Uncharted Series or Last of Us or whatever on PC? They're PS3 exclusive games and haven't been released onto the PC.

Lee.

That's not the point, the fact is you were spouting inaccurate opinions like they were facts, therefore you were corrected and shown that PC's aren't that bad.

I think you read babylon's post wrong, he agreed with you about Uncharted and the rest being good.

Casse-Q100-2T.jpg

Cheap HTPC case for 35 quid under the telly with all the other boxes, Run steam in Big Picture mode, And you have a SteamBox, What's not to like.

sorry but i would have no where to put that, this is the point i'm trying to make.

Bah.

What if I play games on PC and PS2/3 and 360 and Gamecube....and a N64 (emulator on PC).

How do I choose which side of the battle to fight on?  :yawn:

Truth is they are all fun. Peace and love. :)

sorry but i would have no where to put that, this is the point i'm trying to make.

i have a pc in the form of a laptop, it sits on arm of the chair as i have no tables, or desks or anything to place it on.

I'm not sure what your asking, This was a conversation about PC and console, You asked what if you never had room for a desktop, So people assumed you had room for a console, The HTPC case is not exactly 4 times the size of a console, If you have room for a console, You could probably squeeze in a HTPC case, If you haven't the room for a console, Then you question is lost in this thread.  

To be fair the whole thread has gone off topic, I asked people which next gen console they would be purchasing upon release, not PC fanboys to spout crap about why PCs are superior.

• Like 2

That's a bit unfair, the only reason people ask questions like that is because they think one console is better than the other, Consoles are games and entertainment systems, With steam and windows 7 the PC is just as viable an alternative to the PS4 and XBoxOne.

If I was gonna buy one of the new consoles it would be the PS4, Microsoft have changed there mind over policies so many times in the last few weeks it's hard to take anything they say seriously anymore, Would I spend 350 quid on a PS4, No, I would spend 250 quid on a HD7970 with 3 AAA games thrown in for free, And have PS5 graphics now and not in another 10 years.

Does that make me a fanboy, Maybe, Or maybe I have just given constructive reasons as to why I think the PC is a better games and entertainment console than the consoles, Considering both the PS4 and XBoxOne are just outdated PC's, Whichever you buy will make you a PC fanboy.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what your asking, This was a conversation about PC and console, You asked what if you never had room for a desktop, So people assumed you had room for a console, The HTPC case is not exactly 4 times the size of a console, If you have room for a console, You could probably squeeze in a HTPC case, If you haven't the room for a console, Then you question is lost in this thread.  

well then i'm done here, cba to talk about something if people will make assumptions about what i can and can't fit.

To be fair the whole thread has gone off topic, I asked people which next gen console they would be purchasing upon release, not PC fanboys to spout crap about why PCs are superior.

I don't believe anyone was "spouting crap", yes things may have gone off on a tangent, but this is the purpose of discussion or debate. You can't control the direction a thread takes or throw your toys out the pram because it's not "perceived" as you intented. The PC is and always has been a viable gaming option, more so in many situations than a dedicated console, and as has already been cited a console is simply a PC anyway, just more as a fixed point.

The other aspect is that consoles are no longer dedicated to just gaming alone, they have evolved somewhat into an all in one entertainment system, in exactly the same way a PC/HTCP, Media Centre or other such items deliver online content (Netflix, Lovefilm, iPlayer, ITVPlayer or native DVD/Blu-Ray with online requirements). Personally i think consoles should be for gaming, end of as it just hikes the price up to ridiculous levels and something which most "kids" don't need.

Equally anyone focusing on any one of the consoles can make you a "fanboy" with the exception of those that can see beyond their console of choice.

However that said whilst my technical preference is PC, as I've said there are other reasons why i prefer a console.

Edited by Exos
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm still undecided, always been an Xbox man and never had no reason to switch but everyone I speak to now is saying ps4 is better, only thing that is stopping me is I quite like the kinect at the moment coz my 4 year old loves it and we play it together so would be nice to have an updated version of that, think I'm gonna wait till after release and see what there both like.