• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

So I'd probably have to order some female bullets too. It'd definitely be the kit version I go for, run the stock servo to start with and get a HW esc plus a couple of those Gens Ace 2S lipo's.

I've already got some old touring car wheels with slicks on which I could use but would also get some rally tyres of some sort.

I'm really starting to wish I bought one of these instead of my Short Course truck, it would've been much more suited to my needs. I'm just looking for something I can take to the indoor track and that can cope with some skatepark bashing. The Short Course truck is bigger than I thought it would be and is too big to run around the indoor track.

The turnigy esc that I bought came with the conectors already on unlike the hobbking ones I have bought that dont come with any on, the turnigy are good esc only slightly more expensive. I use these wheels and tyres that i use for my m8 some need a shim to fit on the emb I just use a washer infront of the hex before putting the wheel on.

20130624_171506-1_zps68818f2e.jpg

Edited by silone74

They came from Hong Kong, I bought some tyres from them and looked at there wheels and found these with tyres i think they where only 8.99 might have been cheaper than that and the tyres are really good for road bashing very grippy they make the car handle alot better than with stock wheels on the road they need the shim even though there 3mm offset they sit too far on the axle but with the shim they are perfect. The white dish wheels are what people are using indoor on certain tracks with the shumacher rally blocks that are on mine the wheels are also shumacher brand or the mini pins but depends on the surface your racing on

I've been looking on Hobbyking and they have a fair selection of wheels/tyres. Regarding offset, is it the higher the number, the further inwards the wheel is? So 0 offset will be the widest and 6mm will be the least widest?

I have a few sets of wheels off my touring car which I could use to start with.

The offset is how far in the centre of the wheel goes in so the 0 will have the wheel flat to look at and sit the wheel further in to the vehicle you will need any thing from 3 up although I have a couple of 0 offsets that fit fine they only have a shallow hex so they dont go too far on. I am looking at some 6mm at the moment they should make it have a wider wheel base.

Edited by silone74

Just trimmed painted and fit the GURT wing, I don't like it as much as the bat wing to be honest.

I think it sits too flat so I will make some shims to make it sit higher on the rear mounts.

20131030_164650-1_zpsfe87be15.jpg?t=1383

• Like 1

I just ordered my kit today so should have it by the weekend and cant wait to build it up... Yours looks great,

i got the blue one... Did you get the front t-bone bumper in the uk or USA... I can only find them on ebay America

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cheers, I ordered the bumper from USA as you will know its for the tacon soar but it is the same buggy just different branding in America, it didnt take long to arrive,I might get the wheelie bar too as it will soon rip my wing up the way it wheelies all the time lol.

Cheers.. , i will get them ordered.. Yes the wheelie bar looks cool aswell.. I had similar bumpers on my baja and they were a god-send... Saves a lot, especially for bashers

They will save alot of parts thats for sure, there really good, I have an RPM bumper on my mini 8 and it is just not the same kind of protection

hi guys, Iv'e read this thread with great interest as I was on the brink of buying the lc buggy when someone suggested that I take a look at the carisma, they claim it is a better buggy than the lc, personally I like the idea of building a kit and I think the lc looks better anyway, I only want it for club racing nothing serious, so which should I go for the lc or the carisma.

cheers Trevor.m

I'm at the same point as you regridesout.

I'm new to all this...but...from what I've read so far (elsewhere too) I think the LC is a great alternative in the '8ight / LC / Carisma' batte for supremacy.

The 8ight, whilst it has a huge following, a great parts supply route, is highly priced.

The LC is very competitively priced, has a reasonable parts supply route, seems pound-for-pound as powerful as the 8ight.

The Carisma seems to be less popular, in between the 2 is terms of price, seems to have a lesser parts supply too.

All are there or there abouts - but I'm favouring the LC, I think it looks better than the Carisma, and is something I'd prefer to upgrade gradually as I learn more about the nitty gritty + the upgrade parts are very well priced from a few sources = exciting times ahead!

The Carisma is a great buggy there is no doubt it has been doing brilliantly in racing but then the emb as a relativley new comer has also had a great start and has been very competative against the m8 and Carisma and I can only see it becoming more competative the longer it is out there, I don't race but I have been keeping an eye on whats happening and I have an emb and m8 and out of those it is very clos but the emb just wins over the two for me, the kit is a good quality kit for a 1/14 scale I think lc racing have made a great start from the off with this little buggy even down to the stock motor which I am a big fan of. If you get a chance to try the car out it might be the deciding factor in buying it or the Carisma.

Well thats me built mines up and its my 1st built.. It took me about 7 to 8 hours all in... I reckon next one will be quicker tho... I just went with stock motor and waiting on 60a esc to arrive to get it going next.. Its a great quality kit & a cool looking buggy... I have a phat bodies shell for it aswell so needs cut and painted.. Posted Image

Well thats me built mines up and its my 1st built.. It took me about 7 to 8 hours all in... I reckon next one will be quicker tho... I just went with stock motor and waiting on 60a esc to arrive to get it going next.. Its a great quality kit & a cool looking buggy... I have a phat bodies shell for it aswell so needs cut and painted.. Posted Image

The Carisma is a better known brand in club racing but as said it would make me want to be different and want to beat them with the emb, I bet those that are Carisma fans will be supprised at how good the emb is although the Carisma gtb has now been made to take the same single battery and not a saddle pack like the older version and is a great buggy.

To be honest I am not sure but I do think one is the rtr and the other is the kit, the rtr from tacon has all of the alloy parts the kit version does over here it seems to be the schumacher version rtr has the composite parts instead of alloy for some season