• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

Getting charged up,this will be a little test of the two,althouth the m8 has only the motor thats still stock it should be a good test of which motor performs, I already know the run time seemed shorter with the emb but this will be side by side same 2s lipo's,both on stock emb wheels to make it as even as I can.

20130806_185511-1_zpse2e9193d.jpg

Edited by silone74

Sorry about the poor photos, The EMB is the faster of the two,it has more torque it wheelies on take off and needs to be feathered on the power but even when the m8 has set off the EMB catches and over takes it,not that the m8 is slow at all and it does win on handling but the EMB wouldn't be hard to get the handling on par with change of springs and oil it would easily match the m8 and that has sway bars fitted and gtb pro shocks with stock m8 springs they do have similar run times too with the EMB loosing power only about a minute or two before the m8,I did take my temp gun but I left it in the van as you do when your a div..If I where deciding between the two I think the kit EMB would get my vote,I know it costs more in the long run but with the stock 4 pole motor I think it is a pretty good choice unless your after big speed runs then the motor seems a great match to the car and to be honest my m8 has had nearly all the stock electrics taken out just the motor remains stock and it might get swapped for the 4 pole lc motor as it has impressed me in the EMB although I do look at replacement motors alot  :whistling:,the stock servo is no way as good as the savox in my m8 but then it is not that bad and I could live with it no problem,this was a quick test really and it does need a longer period of time to get a proper picture.

All I can say is this is my opinion on this and as a basher not a racer these are my thoughts on the two side by side as they stand with me with the hop ups that have already been done.

20130806_201456_3-1-1_zps29ca6538.jpg?t=

20130806_201457_13-1_zps4c501bf9.jpg?t=1

20130806_201457_10-1_zpsb8f5f9c1.jpg?t=1

This test was using stock gearing in both and i am sure the m8 would be able to match the speed when geared differently and it is not a slow car as it is I am sure on a track there would be differing results with the handling of the EMB, both cars dont stay stock for long so it would be down to personal preference at the end of the day in stock form the EMB in my opinion at this moment has the edge over the m8 but that might change the longer I have it and I see how it holds up with use.

• 2 weeks later...

First breakage,this just shows that rpm rod ends are maybe abit too good lol instead of the rod end popping off or breaking the actual part with the ball snapped instead on the steering bell,i hit the wheel full on into a post just my luck to miss the bumper. I have to buy the full assembly just for part as the spare I have is broken in the same place I didnt even notice until I went to swap it over, could this be a weak spot on the emb i wonder ????

Thats what it needs alloy lol,but to be honest it was my fault I just didnt expect the breakage.

Did you get the core servo AJ,I dont mind the stock servo although I am really happy with the savox in the m8 it's good to have options

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do we think Schumacher are having trouble shifting the EMB's the rtr is now 139 and the kit just under 110?

I hope they are not going to discontinue them,I have been really impressed by this little buggy it would be a shame for that to happen.

Si

• 2 weeks later...

Do we think Schumacher are having trouble shifting the EMB's the rtr is now 139 and the kit just under 110?

I hope they are not going to discontinue them,I have been really impressed by this little buggy it would be a shame for that to happen.

Si

I've noticed the price drop too, been tempted to get the kit version to use as a mini basher. Do these hold up to much abuse? Compared to a mini Traxxas for example?

Mine has held up well to bashing, only 1 thing to break on mine and that was pretty much my own fault.

For the money I would say they are worth it and are fun at that I cant see me parting with mine any time soon.

Si

Mine has held up well to bashing, only 1 thing to break on mine and that was pretty much my own fault.

For the money I would say they are worth it and are fun at that I cant see me parting with mine any time soon.

Si

Thanks for the info. Are you still running stock electrics? Are the wheels the same size as a mini Traxxas?

Yes runnig stock electrics there good for running 2s I wouldnt go any more than 2s on stock though, wheels are smaller than the mini revo you can run 1/10 road wheels on them with 12mm hex the same as the mini 8, there a totally different car to the Traxxas though.

Si

Buy it lol, I am getting my youngest one too for his birthday, I have every thing but the motor ready for it although I do have a couple of motors for the m8 I want to use the lc racing one

Edited by silone74

Buy it lol, I am getting my youngest one too for his birthday, I have every thing but the motor ready for it although I do have a couple of motors for the m8 I want to use the lc racing one

The wife has told me to stick it on my xmas list, so I won't argue with her :thumbsup:

Would you say the LC Racing motor is the best option for running on 2S only?

I have been impressed by that motor and I run only 2s it has crossed my mind to get one for my m8, I think lc racing have found a good motor from the start

Si