• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

Thanks for that, I am waiting on the ball sets now then should be all done and ready to compete with the m8, apart from swapping connectors over on the esc to bullets aswell but thats a quicky to get done,the one thing I havn't changed are the rear shocks they are still composite bodied but like I said before they seem pretty good to be honest so I will see how they go, I was expecting alot less quality than the emb actually is I know the rtr has composite parts but they are thick and seem really strong,my youngest wants an m8 for his birthday but I might be as well getting the emb rtr for him instead :)

I meant to ask did you get the servo you put a link to before? The stock emb servo is really short it is smaller than the stock losi servo I just wondered if modding will need to be done to fit the one you where getting.

Be interesting to see if it fits straight in,have you had a good run with it yet or is that tomorrow you will be getting a chance to give it a good test on the track?

I've run 5/6 times now, all just bashing with a few small jumps, I was going to run her Thursday night at the track, but it was so bloody hot that between rounds I just hid in the shade to cool down. The meet didn't finish till gone 10pm so just wanted to get home and chillax :lol:

But so far (touch wood) I've haven't had a single breakage or issue :)

I ran my EMB-1 today on the astro track at Kidderminster (club race meeting).

http://www.kmcclub.co.uk/

Car details:

LCR 4500kv motor

Yeah Racing 35A ESC (same as the Hobbywing Ezrun)

Savox SH-1257MG servo

Intellect 1600mAh hardcase LiPo

Phat Bodies 'Turbo' bodyshell + 'Bat' wing

35 front/30 rear oil

3k diff oil front & rear

All other settings as per manual

Findings from the days racing:

Kit tyres give plenty of grip, but also lots of side bite as the sidewalls are very soft, and the car would snap sideways if the landing off any of the (small) jumps wasn't completely straight, and grip roll on the corners was all too easy. Changed to some Fastrax rally block tyres (http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/cml_product.php?productId=0000006205), and whilst not giving as much forward bite as the kit tyres, they were a lot more forgiving and consistent on the corners and jumps. May get some Schumacher rally blocks to try out next time.

Kit springs work well but may be a bit too hard. Carisma soft springs front & rear worked better, as the car took the undulations better. Want to get some Carisma or Losi medium springs to try out too.

Got plenty of speed from 17 tooth pinion, kit spur, and medium motor timing on ESC. Tried an 18 pinion, and increasing the ESC motor timing, as whilst quicker down the straight, my laptimes were slower as the car was more difficult to drive consistently.

There were only 3 micro's racing including mine (along with another EMB-1 and a Carisma GTB). We were in the same heat as 4 1/10 rally cars, but the racing was clean and good fun as we were all from my local Worcester club. I was the fastest micro in qualifying by 2 laps, and the highest placed micro in the final.

I didn't break or bend anything all day, and neither did either of the other micros, they are tough little things!

:)

• Like 1

I have Carisma medium I was going to fit but I will try the standard springs first as I am not racing with mine.

Did you notice any temp issues with the 35a esc AJ has swapped for the 60a ,I am thinking it is a good choice for that motor even though it is supplied with the 35a in the rtr I am unsure about it to be honest I think 60a would be a better option,I can't find any info on the lc motor as in max amps but every other 28mm can motor seem to be around 40-45+ max amp.

Did you drill out the pistons? I'm running 25wt all round at the moment with medium losi springs and it seems a little over dampened to me still

I haven't changed anything on the pistons yet. I have to admit, the EMB-1 shocks have been a disappointment for me. They leak from the cap area with the standard bladders (mine and a friends have done this), I did fix this issue with Tamiya bladders though, but even then they just don't seem very responsive. I am used to Tamiya shocks though, which are very good, so maybe I am being harsh as the EMB ones don't match the standard I am used to.

I have Carisma medium I was going to fit but I will try the standard springs first as I am not racing with mine.

Did you notice any temp issues with the 35a esc AJ has swapped for the 60a ,I am thinking it is a good choice for that motor even though it is supplied with the 35a in the rtr I am unsure about it to be honest I think 60a would be a better option,I can't find any info on the lc motor as in max amps but every other 28mm can motor seem to be around 40-45+ max amp.

I measured the temperature of the motor and ESC after every 5 minute race, and the motor never went above mid 50's, and the ESC mid/high 30's, so no problems at all in that area. The Kidderminster track only has 2 straights sections when you can go full throttle though, the rest of the track is bumpy and twisty with a fair amount of sand that comes out of the astro making it slippery in places, so I was taking most of the lap at part-throttle. I was only using 750-800mAh out of the battery for each run. I would imagine that running on a larger track with more use of full throttle, or running on grass, would increase the temps.

I was impressed by my friends Carisma GTB though, seemed to be a much quieter drivetrain, and rode the bumps well. I am tempted to buy one to see how it compares to the EMB. :)

It will be great to get veiws on all of the mini's competing in the same price range, it would also be great if other manufacturers produced some others to get in the mix as this scale I am finding to be really adictive lol :)

Very nice,I got my carbon vinyl today so I can get cracking on with everthing and get the chassis protector done.

I sanded the chassis as it was scratched up abit already but it will look cool polished alloy :)

I have loads of wrap so enough to make quite a few if i need to lol,I have it on the m8 and its lasted longer than I thought it would I just didnt have enough left for the emb of the same stuff.

Looking great, and the family holiday has interupted my important work in getting mine ready lol the misses wouldnt let me bring it to finish dont know why :)

Does the SOS steering drag link remove all of the slop that is present with the standard parts? I have shimmed my standard drag link, but it still has a bit of slop, so I might try the carbon one instead.

I like the look of the carbon top deck as it will provide a much less flexible area to fix the ESC to, but I'm not keen on the hole where the spur sticks out without some sort of cover. I race on an astro track that is quite sandy in places, and the sand might get into the spur/pinion area unless it's fully enclosed.

It gets rid of some slop, but there is still some, but it's much better than stock

I was at first put off about losing the spur cover, but then I had a brain wave, why not use it over the top of the new brace??

d552e49fc2571bce9ff713fe6ed7e6ee_zps2efa

I've made it like an inspection hatch so I only have 2 screws to undo to check the condition of the spur :)

I also had a leaky shock today

7dd1f540ce5c8acceafe037c755fdfdb_zps638f

But funny enough it was only 1 :lol:

Edited by .AJ.

It gets rid of some slop, but there is still some, but it's much better than stock

I was at first put off about losing the spur cover, but then I had a brain wave, why not use it over the top of the new brace??

d552e49fc2571bce9ff713fe6ed7e6ee_zps2efa

I've made it like an inspection hatch so I only have 2 screws to undo to check the condition of the spur :)

I also had a leaky shock today

7dd1f540ce5c8acceafe037c755fdfdb_zps638f

But funny enough it was only 1 :lol:

Think this is the first photo I've seen of it dirty haha  :thumbsup:

The new Secrets of Speed parts are looking awesome.

Good idea for the spur cover,I think when I am back I will see if the driven production one for the m8 could be made to fit as the carbon top deck I have for the 8 the rear holes almost line up.

Nearly done,just have to swap connectors and where ready to roll. SOS front and rear carbon shock towers, T Bone racing front bumper ,RPM ball ends , Shumacher wheels and rally blocks ,Carbon wrapped under chassis. This started off the rtr version that I bought off of ebay that came with another nearly complete roller alloy chassis so I have stripped,swapped ,added to and this is her now.

20130803_222901-1_zps21d33dce.jpg?t=1375

20130803_223015_zps577ee430.jpg?t=137556

20130803_223052_zps49c7af07.jpg?t=137556

20130803_223207-1_zpsda203121.jpg?t=1375

Stable mates.

20130803_223450-1_zpsac3cb56e.jpg?t=1375

Si

Are you guys buying the SOS carbon parts directly through the website, or contacting them with an order as the main page says to as they have a problem with their PayPal account (although that message is dated April 12th)?

I bought from the site as I am a div and didnt read the status but they sent me an email with an alternate paypal email address to use and I payed it into that one instead :) Just want to point out as A.J stated about having to use spacers on the rear tower as the alloy ones have a bend in them the cf ones are flat and dont sit right unless you space the top holes slightly.

Si

Edited by silone74

I just emailed them and they sent a PayPal request

Here's the spacers for the rear tower

A quick point on the rear carbon tower for the EMB-1, to get the tower to sit straight I had to put some 3mm spacers in between the tower and bulkhead, but only at the higher mounting point, I also had to open up the holes in the tower a little as well for the screws to go through.e05526409f273cacf733c6637ac4ccaf_zpsefff

:)

Edited by .AJ.

I ran it yesterday with stock wheels on just a quick run and I found it to be more punchy than the m8 I was doing wheelies on 2s which hasnt happened with the m8 although I have lowered the m8 and run with 1/10 wheels on but the emb does seem faster,I will know when I run them side by side but I am impressed by the 4 pole motor it does give the extra torque needed on grass too, I avoid it with the m8 but the emb was doing ok on the small bit of short grass I was going on.