• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

4 hours ago, BigGinge said:

What sort of surfaces do you want them for? I think I put a list of potentials together a while back when I was getting bits for my truggy kit, I could see if I could find that if it would be useful?

its mainly park and gravel, i will try find somewhere with short grass as i know the lc racing doesnt do well in long grass.

if you could mate, that would be awesome 🙂 

This was the list of ones that I found that might work, but I haven't confirmed their offsets/weights etc or got too much of an idea of how they will work out (apart from the LC racing ones I have the the random pair from ali-express).

LC Racing

L6061: Monster Truck Tires (very similar tread pattern to pro-line trenchers)

L6150: Truggy Wheels, should be possible to mount up any 1/10 scale rear buggy tires that you can find

L6146: Standard Truggy Pin Tires, 85 x 42 mm (other variants are available with different coloured rims)

L6247: Heavy Duty Block Pin Truggy Tires (other variants are available with different coloured rims

Pro-Line

PRO119411/PL1194-11: 1/16 2.2" Trencher

Hosim

16-ZJ01: 85mm OD, look quite wide

Duratrax (these seem to be sold under the Fastrax/Lousie branding in some places)

Sidearm ST 2.2 (Same as Louise Spider 2.2)

Bandito ST 2.2 (Same as Louise Rocket 2.2, Fastrax 1:16 Eagle)

Six Pack ST 2.2: (Same as Louise Uphill 2.2, Fastrax 1:16 Stinger)

Lockup ST 2.2 (Same as Louise Pioneer Fastrax 1:16 Jigsaw)

Traxxas

7174A: Talon tires and Gemini wheels (From Mini e-revo I think)

7672: Tenton wheels and Tires (From mini Summit?)

Random Ali-express Tires

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32971464457.html

I actually bought a set of these to try out on concrete/tarmac and they are pretty much the exact same size as the LC racing MT wheels but they have even more offset to give the car a wider stance. Seem to be ok so far. See picture below

CC72B501-4523-4D8F-B33F-A39B3C2EF134.thumb.jpeg.c618a98b7aea627deb3c52ff1125759f.jpeg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

This was the list of ones that I found that might work, but I haven't confirmed their offsets/weights etc or got too much of an idea of how they will work out (apart from the LC racing ones I have the the random pair from ali-express).

LC Racing

L6061: Monster Truck Tires (very similar tread pattern to pro-line trenchers)

L6150: Truggy Wheels, should be possible to mount up any 1/10 scale rear buggy tires that you can find

L6146: Standard Truggy Pin Tires, 85 x 42 mm (other variants are available with different coloured rims)

L6247: Heavy Duty Block Pin Truggy Tires (other variants are available with different coloured rims

Pro-Line

PRO119411/PL1194-11: 1/16 2.2" Trencher

Hosim

16-ZJ01: 85mm OD, look quite wide

Duratrax (these seem to be sold under the Fastrax/Lousie branding in some places)

Sidearm ST 2.2 (Same as Louise Spider 2.2)

Bandito ST 2.2 (Same as Louise Rocket 2.2, Fastrax 1:16 Eagle)

Six Pack ST 2.2: (Same as Louise Uphill 2.2, Fastrax 1:16 Stinger)

Lockup ST 2.2 (Same as Louise Pioneer Fastrax 1:16 Jigsaw)

Traxxas

7174A: Talon tires and Gemini wheels (From Mini e-revo I think)

7672: Tenton wheels and Tires (From mini Summit?)

Random Ali-express Tires

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32971464457.html

I actually bought a set of these to try out on concrete/tarmac and they are pretty much the exact same size as the LC racing MT wheels but they have even more offset to give the car a wider stance. Seem to be ok so far. See picture below

CC72B501-4523-4D8F-B33F-A39B3C2EF134.thumb.jpeg.c618a98b7aea627deb3c52ff1125759f.jpeg

that is a very thorough reviews mate 🙂 

good job i asked, this could well help others out too, many thanks again 🙂 

I have been using my EMB-1 Buggy at the Local 1/10 Astro track, after the fist outing, I spent a bit of time setting it up, and now it’s great round the track, quick and jumps well, a few of the guys have taken an interest too, so maybe a few more which would mean a proper race night too.

These are such versatile cars.

3 hours ago, Ag100 said:

I have been using my EMB-1 Buggy at the Local 1/10 Astro track, after the fist outing, I spent a bit of time setting it up, and now it’s great round the track, quick and jumps well, a few of the guys have taken an interest too, so maybe a few more which would mean a proper race night too.

These are such versatile cars.

i wouldnt mind taking one of my truggys for a race, where you at mate?

i am thinking about getting these:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/proline-trencher-m2-mounted-on-desperado-for-erevo-1-16-414663

similar to the previous link i posted but smaller so the drivetrain should cope.

would look awesome on the lc truggy and mini 8.

Edited by froggy8

• 2 weeks later...

i am so tempted to convert the lc truggy to buggy, i have the conversion kit to convert to a MT but the buggy looks bit better.

all i would need is the bumpers, shell and wheels.

On 27/02/2021 at 09:27, Ag100 said:

I’m not sure on the size of the Truggy wheels, the best ones I’ve used on my Buggy are the Fastrax Rally Blocks

https://www.fastrax-rc.com/index.php?_route_=fastrax-rally-block-blue-tyre-set-4-wmoulded-inserts

am i seeing this right? 4 premount wheels for around 6 pound?

1 hour ago, froggy8 said:

am i seeing this right? 4 premount wheels for around 6 pound?

Yes, very cheap, will probably be a delivery charge too though👍

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bertberr said:

£5.49 for a pair I believe.  BTW what diameter are these tyres - anyone have some here they could measure? 👍

You are correct, it’s a pair.

These are from Modelsport, set of 4 wheels and tyres ready to go

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/fastrax-street-rally-block-tyre-mounted-on-10-spoke-white-wheels-4-387200

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bertberr said:

£5.49 for a pair I believe.  BTW what diameter are these tyres - anyone have some here they could measure? 👍

3 hours ago, Ag100 said:

You are correct, it’s a pair.

These are from Modelsport, set of 4 wheels and tyres ready to go

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/fastrax-street-rally-block-tyre-mounted-on-10-spoke-white-wheels-4-387200

i thought it was for a pair at first but its got the number '4' at the side of it making me think its for 4 wheels. confusing.

Yes, not the clearest listing...bit like one for a hundred quid 4s lipo I was looking at recently on a certain well known uk site - had lots of nonsense about how amazing its power was, but no dimensions...very helpful!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bertberr said:

I have these, measured this morning.

BA097208-91DC-43A8-ADB7-AA833AF418A7.jpeg

8D80077D-69F6-490F-BF9C-27A4C21C68D0.jpeg

DB2B3560-C2D0-434B-A720-444A96B3E341.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2021 at 16:09, BigGinge said:

My son has a Q901 which is one of these which comes as standard with a brushed motor and ESC. The Image linked below states this comes with a 2845 motor so you are probably ok to fit the one from an LC Racing buggy/MT.

spacer.png

You might be able to use one of the ESCs from the Q901 with most of your existing electronics if you do try and go down this route:

https://uk.banggood.com/Xinlehong-Q901-Q902-Q903-Receiver-Board-35A-ESC-QZJ06-for-1-or-16-RC-Car-Vehicles-Spare-Parts-p-1545337.html?cur_warehouse=CN

hi mate, i am thinking about doing this now and just wondered if i could use the esc that was on the original mini 8ight, i think that is only something like 32A and to pair it with the lc motor for MT.

If the esc/rx you have will physically fit and you can plug in the steering servo then I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. The servo on the one we have is a standard 3 wire part but I’m not sure if the one in the brushed version is 3 or 5 wire. 

00670EBF-8FE6-4104-A44C-D1DC6E9A3276.thumb.jpeg.aee0c344aa00d3f17792185d7f3dc9d8.jpeg

2 hours ago, BigGinge said:

If the esc/rx you have will physically fit and you can plug in the steering servo then I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. The servo on the one we have is a standard 3 wire part but I’m not sure if the one in the brushed version is 3 or 5 wire. 

00670EBF-8FE6-4104-A44C-D1DC6E9A3276.thumb.jpeg.aee0c344aa00d3f17792185d7f3dc9d8.jpeg

ahh no its not an esc/rx all in one, its just the esc, i would need to put rx in too.

il try take some pictures later mate

• 2 months later...

For those that run any of these, LC have finally released some stronger out drives, I have a couple of sets on their way. This I think is the only real weak spot on these cars, happy to be corrected though 

https://shop.lcracing.net/products/copy-of-l6135-diff-outdrive-cup-br-br-font-size-2-for-emb-wrc-emb-1-emb-sc-emb-dt-emb-tc-emb-tg-emb-mt-font

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...