• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shropshire

scoobyfazer

Is there anyone from the shropshire area on here? If we get enough names together and start regular meets Nick will create a sub forum for us, please put your names down below and if you know of a suitable spot to meet up please indicate this also

Thanks

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If u know of any where to bash probably around the shrewsbury area let us know, this seems more central for everyone who has replied to this topic, at present I only have a road car but will probably run on light terrain

Thanks

Tom

Edited by scoobyfazer

If u know of any where to bash probably around the shrewsbury area let us know, this seems more central for everyone who has replied to this topic, at present I only have a road card but well probably run on light terrain

Thanks

Tom

it is only my opinion, but for first meet we do not need a perfect bashing space l think we need try and collect as many as possible members... sorry for my english...

• 7 years later...

Hi all,

I'm new to rc cars just got the nitro hpi trophy truggy 4.6 and loving it I'm also new to the area moved to Shrewsbury about 4 weeks ago I just take it to a local field and I see a few people go there with there cars would be great to get to know people and meet 

20210620_191126.jpg

• 1 month later...

Recently just got a rovan 5b with 36cc engine fitted , I live in Telford , looking for places to go but seems theres not much about other than industrial estates and fields all the designated places don't accept petrol cars especially not 1:5 scale , anyone know of an area where I won't get bothered 👍

• 2 months later...
On 02/08/2021 at 20:30, Rovan2021 said:

Recently just got a rovan 5b with 36cc engine fitted , I live in Telford , looking for places to go but seems theres not much about other than industrial estates and fields all the designated places don't accept petrol cars especially not 1:5 scale , anyone know of an area where I won't get bothered 👍

There's a big field Close to me in Shrewsbury no one bothers you and iv seen few people use nitro rc there I go often the most bother your get there is just questions about the car from random people it's by castle walk in Shrewsbury and there's another one at monkmoor rec both within a minute of each other I use both as I live in between both lol

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good mate I'm looking for a place with some decent hills etc years ago when I was a kid we used to go on crossers often there used to be alot of wasteland but nothing like that anymore unfortunately want to get some use out of it , but fields get boring fast lol , cheers 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

I’m a long time admirer of RC , never really owned a car for long due to other commitments however recently ordered a Hbx 16889a pro for silly money so I will be taking my son out and having a bash soon. In answer to some of the posts above Telford.gov/leisure has some decent information on skate/bmx parks.

I live Centrally in Telford and ones closest I can see are Malinslee BMX track which looks ideal. Stirchley and Woodside Rough are others but looking at the website there are quite a few other possibles.

• 2 months later...

Hi folks. I'm in Telford. Use Malinslee track regularly. Good little track but the gravel track makes a mess of your car when it's wet. Shifnal BMX track is an overgrown mess, not really suitable. I also pop down to the Norbroom skate park in Newport occasionally. Although it can get quite busy, especially at weekends.

Running a Kraton 6S EXB 1/8 scale at the moment but changing to an X-Maxx very soon. I'd be interested in meeting up with folks if there's still the interest?

• 1 year later...