• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Your location

3.0dundee

Yeh i only started in Febuary this year and wished id started sooner it's fairly cheap and good fun, ill come up to Stonehaven and have a look at both off road and on road racing.

There's also a 1/10th scale off road scottish series run at tracks in Fife, tayside and Stoney which might be good fun so ill have a look at that when ive gota chance.

Off road does look like fun and i can bash it around my back yard :xd: yee haa

• Like 1

Yeh i only started in Febuary this year and wished id started sooner it's fairly cheap and good fun, ill come up to Stonehaven and have a look at both off road and on road racing.

There's also a 1/10th scale off road scottish series run at tracks in Fife, tayside and Stoney which might be good fun so ill have a look at that when ive gota chance.

Off road does look like fun and i can bash it around my back yard :xd: yee haa

Yeah GT12 is a great way to start racing in my opinion. It was originally the buggies I wanted to start racing but it was near the end of the season and I didn't want to wait, Mardave's don't break the bank too much so it made sense to get one and I'll continue racing it.

Round 6 is at Stonehaven this Sunday, I should have my buggy ready for then so that'll be my first buggy race hopefully.

Off road does look a lot of fun, really looking forward to starting it. It's taken a couple of months for me to my buggy together due to work and other out of work commitments.  

Good luck on your race debut sounds exciting, if the weather's any good i might be able to come up for a look.

What type of buggy do you have 4 wheel or 2 wheel drive and what make.

I take it that there 1/10th scale buggies.

Edited by munted-alfa

Good luck on your race debut sounds exciting, if the weather's any good i might be able to come up for a look.

What type of buggy do you have 4 wheel or 2 wheel drive and what make.

I take it that there 1/10th scale buggies.

Yeah fingers crossed the weather is good. My dad finished off the soldering last night so I'll be popping over to pick the buggy up then I've got a few more things sort out on it, I should manage to take it for a test run tomorrow.

I've got a Team Durango DEX210 which a 2wd 1/10. This is it here:

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/170648-the-dark-knights-team-durango-dex210/

They only race electric 1/10 buggies and touring cars at Stonehaven :thumbsup:

Yip cool car lookn good, interesting build diary what motor did you go for in the end.

I went for a thunder power 8.5t motor.

Did you come to Stonehaven yesterday? It was a cracking day, I'm feeling a bit tender today though, got sun burnt back of my neck, shoulders and head :thumbsup:

Had great fun with the buggy too, needed to make a few set-up changes but was getting quicker throughout the day. I've been bullied into getting a spec class touring car together for the next race meeting. I already have a rolling chassis, I only need wheels/tyres, a servo and a bodyshell, possibly a spur/pinion too.

No wasnt able to come up im affraid but sounds like you did well and had a good time which is what its all about.

Do you recon racing the buggy is more fun than GT12, different style of racing i suppose so both might have their plus points.

Sounds a good club at stoney got in door out door track and off road, theyve got everything covered.

Dundee are trying to get an out door track built in the future which would be great and would be good if they adopt the same classes as stoney so people could race at both clubs.

Spec class racing aswell you might as well since it's on your door step. :yes:

No wasnt able to come up im affraid but sounds like you did well and had a good time which is what its all about.

Do you recon racing the buggy is more fun than GT12, different style of racing i suppose so both might have their plus points.

Sounds a good club at stoney got in door out door track and off road, theyve got everything covered.

Dundee are trying to get an out door track built in the future which would be great and would be good if they adopt the same classes as stoney so people could race at both clubs.

Spec class racing aswell you might as well since it's on your door step. :yes:

Yeah I had a great time and everyone at the club is very friendly and full of good banter so had a good laugh too.

GT12 is really good fun, once I get mine back together I'll be coming down to Dundee once a month. The buggy is really fun too but total different style of driving, it is more challenging to drive than the GT12 and I'm fairly off the pace just now but with more practice I'm sure I'll get to grips with it. Love the jumps with the buggy  :thumbsup:

The offroad track is different everytime as it is just set-up on the day, which is a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing being it's always a different challenge, bad thing being it's always a different challenge lol. 

The spec class should be fun, I wouldn't want to race modified as I get dizzy just watching them race, sooo fast! Spec class is a more sensible speed for me  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big scotland bash next weekend 29th june at broxburn bing , all vehicles there crawlers , nitro , electric and petrol , even helis if ya have one lol . Hope a few can come its gonna be a great day

edinburgh - i am a true nooby. got a trophy 3.5 buggy and dying for some bashing and amateur racing

You have just missed our first scotland big bash but looking to hold one evry last sunday of the month

Keep an eye on here for news of up and coming ones

me and my dad are in the process of lookin to get a good piece of land to use for bashing,  its goin to be central between edinbrough and glasgow, had some requests from a model shop in stirling :) if we find it ill put the location up in here or in other threads. :)

me and my dad are in the process of lookin to get a good piece of land to use for bashing,  its goin to be central between edinbrough and glasgow, had some requests from a model shop in stirling :) if we find it ill put the location up in here or in other

in edinbrough and glasgow- livingston

Edited by hells

• 4 weeks later...

Northfield, where do you go for a bash?

completely missed your post. I don't know of many places, there is a big park close to my house call burdihouse burn but there's always kids there and cna't find a quiet enough time to bash a bit around.. looking for new spots or a track? any sugestions

cheers