• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SHOW US YOUR FLEET!

yay got it off in one piece

the latest response from hobbyking "can you make use of it or are you sending it back"

i will make use of it, think if i had expected it to come like this i would still have gone for it, its just such a cheap price.

Having got the cowl off i will be reinforcing the motor mount, they have cut a bit off for the brushless motor to fit right where one of the 3 supports ends and as its plastic it looks very weak. couple strips of plastic glued either side will help. Since i know i need to get the cog forward the extra weigth will actually help.

now to make right what they didnt including gluing the 2 halves of the fuselage together properly lol

nose cone buddy. get some of those micro magnets buddy. glue them in place and the cowl will slip and click on.

wont come off unless you give it a good tug, its what they use to keep the cowls on the micro foamies and parkies.

also works for canopys to ;)

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

nose cone buddy. get some of those micro magnets buddy. glue them in place and the cowl will slip and click on.

wont come off unless you give it a good tug, its what they use to keep the cowls on the micro foamies and parkies.

also works for canopys to ;)

you got a linkey to any reasonable priced.

Now i have taken it off the screw mounting points are still there under the cowl so i might be able to use 4 little screws like it was meant to be, but i do like the idea of magnets to do the job.

you got a linkey to any reasonable priced.

Now i have taken it off the screw mounting points are still there under the cowl so i might be able to use 4 little screws like it was meant to be, but i do like the idea of magnets to do the job.

here you go carlton

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160943182447?redirect=mobile

I won't be able to make it round Thursday as I've got to wait in for a delivery from hobbyking myself.. But we'll have a catch up soon..

There is no me in team..

I see mention of Thursday, and Your location being Yarmouth, does this by any chance mean you go to the Hopton school?

If so, I'm hoping to go there for the first time tommorow (I'm getting in every second of practice possible so I don't look silly) but I have only had my heli a day and with only one battery its limiting my flying time!

4b564146e7a7047988081bc8618d4e88.jpg

Here she finally is :thumbsup:

Only managed 1 flight out of here so far but had a great 4 mins and couldn't take the smile off my face

Ow and just realised this is my 1000th post wahooo :hahadance:

gallery_17801_1144_20902.jpggallery_17801_1144_97944.jpg

Edited by leongordon234
  • Like 1

OMG that is a sexy bird, please do tell us more a out this awesome machine.

It's my Sky Master L39 power by Merlin 140 turbine few more pics below & a few of my other toys

qu3y9y6a.jpg

a8a9amap.jpg

adu7abun.jpg

u4a3e3um.jpg

yzy5y2yp.jpg

ameqy8ah.jpg

zamu4u3e.jpg

edu3esyz.jpg

e9upu3a5.jpg

bageraja.jpg

qaneneju.jpg

a7uvehum.jpg

4e9yge5e.jpg

sa4y9eja.jpg

a3uquha6.jpg

ytehu2yr.jpg

ja2upesa.jpg

6ezu9adu.jpg

bejuge9e.jpg

Edited by Lui

Hey Lui long time no see, we used to fly together at St neots model club, good to see your still flying the helis and now jets but then again you always was a speed freak lol.

steve

Hi Steve mate has been long time will be good to catch up flyin some time I'm member of Ramsey now great place to fly give us a shout & meet up soon all the best lui