• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Rally Car

rcrallyuk

1 hour ago, oodboo said:

Is that new hpi?

Yes, the new one.

Quite a good bit of kit really.

Not had chance to run it outside yet.

2 minutes ago, oodboo said:

I've been watching some reviews, looks really good. Enjoy 👍

👍

I've been watching plenty of videos of/on it.

I'll probably take some videos too when get out to play, depends on the weather and free time. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 15/03/2021 at 22:02, Leo Best said:

Here is my Traxxas Fiesta ST Rally. Converted from a Slash 4x4. 

It has an Arrma 3S power system in it and runs a 17t pinion. 

Top speed is 51mph and drifts beautifully with 30k diff oil front and rear. I also have the front shocks mounted on the inner most position on the a-arms as this gives a lot more steering control. 

65C27897-90C0-4129-96FB-E18A658F5690.jpeg

FD081654-972A-4C5F-BBE0-35F89D9E87B7.jpeg

DFF7C0AA-BB04-48B9-B8CB-A58BAA9B6DF4.jpeg

Do you still own this?

2 hours ago, martin34 said:

Do you still own this?

Yes I do, I love it and it is very reliable and durable so no need to change it!

I painted a new body for it in blue and it now has MIP driveshafts front and rear as the stock ones are fairly weak.

IMG_1347.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leo Best said:

Yes I do, I love it and it is very reliable and durable so no need to change it!

I painted a new body for it in blue and it now has MIP driveshafts front and rear as the stock ones are fairly weak.

IMG_1347.JPG

Looks good mate👍.I ordered one today and I also have an arrma 3s system sitting around to go in it.Apart from the 30k diff oils and mip's is there anything else that is worth doing?

3 hours ago, martin34 said:

Looks good mate👍.I ordered one today and I also have an arrma 3s system sitting around to go in it.Apart from the 30k diff oils and mip's is there anything else that is worth doing?

The Traxxas aluminium motor mount is a very worthy upgrade especially if you do any jumping with the car as the stock plastic mount can let go of the gear mesh fairly easily and strip the spur gear. 

The stock ultra shocks are fine in my experience but the aluminium caps are recommended as the plastic ones can pop off and spill oil everywhere. 

Also, I suggest you get a decent servo with a high speed as a priority over torque, it makes a massive difference to the responsiveness and agility of the car.

I always run my car on a car park lot so it’s running 600cst oil in the front shocks and 700cst in the rear. Both shocks are on the middle mount on the shock tower and fronts are on the second to most inner hole on the front and outer hole on the rear arms. 

If you run the Arrma 3S system, I suggest a 15t pinion as it will run 50mph all day long without overheating. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leo Best said:

The Traxxas aluminium motor mount is a very worthy upgrade especially if you do any jumping with the car as the stock plastic mount can let go of the gear mesh fairly easily and strip the spur gear. 

The stock ultra shocks are fine in my experience but the aluminium caps are recommended as the plastic ones can pop off and spill oil everywhere. 

Also, I suggest you get a decent servo with a high speed as a priority over torque, it makes a massive difference to the responsiveness and agility of the car.

I always run my car on a car park lot so it’s running 600cst oil in the front shocks and 700cst in the rear. Both shocks are on the middle mount on the shock tower and fronts are on the second to most inner hole on the front and outer hole on the rear arms. 

If you run the Arrma 3S system, I suggest a 15t pinion as it will run 50mph all day long without overheating. 

Thanks very much for all the info mate.From what I have seen on videos I will need to upgrade to the slash slipper clutch and spur aswell as the stock rally ones melt very easily once brushless.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

That Scooby is expensive but having seen the video i would buy one in a flash if i could afford/justify it, one smart car

I love it mate I really do 😍 best RC I’ve bought in ages .

Have more footage from this morning to edit later once I’ve completed the wife’s many weekend jobs that she seems to enjoy giving me 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

stunning mate, love watching it in action, looks just like its on the lombard stage events with Colin at the wheel, top notch car......................................hope my numbers come up tonight

Cheers mate 🍻

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...