• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Rally Car

rcrallyuk

• 5 months later...

My two TL01.

the scooby is my original body shell on an eBay purchase that's ball raced throughout and has aftermarket shocks and came with four sets of wheels and tyres.

1D0FF8F3-6DC2-42E3-920F-D4D469C59710.jpg

the C4 is my original TL01 with an eBay purchase preprinted shell. Obviously no licensing as its sponsored by tatol and driven by Sebastian loed!

44790FAA-DD57-4ED8-98EB-95DD7841902E.jpg

Both running mtroniks esc and basic 380 motors. I'll upgrade the motors but want them to remain as a pair so I can race them with a friend.

currently looking for somewhere to create a bit of a rally cross stage.

cheers

Edited by 38thfoot
Spelling
  • Like 2

I'm still searching for a kyosho landmax 2 chassis, I found one in good condition but it was touching £200 with no engine and I thought ide find another lol. Since then I've seen wrecks go for what I wanted to pay lol. I hope I get the chance at another like the first one. 

Clean, stock wheels with good tires. 

I don't need a body I have a new evo 4 ready. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I'd add a couple of mine to this.

First experience with a rally car... Love the classic look of the Porsche shell, although I do want another as well so this one doesn't end up in complete bits, need to find something size appropriate though.

Also want to get some chunkier tyres for it and possibly raise the body a tad.

Chassis is a Carisma M48s.

DSC_5136_zpsvrisabcf.jpg

DSC_5194_zpsoukfq82w.jpg

DSC_5145_zpsxpxxsrhs.jpg

DSC_5209_zps4xwasvmb.jpg

DSC_5220_zpsx9avujha.jpg

• 1 month later...

Recently bought a Carisma M48s from a member on here. Never had a rally car so wanted to try it out. Standard combo was rather tame for my liking with the 3500kv motor. Now has a 4150kv SCT motor with an Hobbywing Sc8 on 3s. Much better :D. Amazed the stock tyres survived to be honest but they are going to need sorted soon. Its 12mm hex and the outside diameter of the tyres are around 80-85mm. Any other wheels and tyres fit? Looked around and see some potential candidates but there are no sizes of the rims/tyres on the listing.

S4EFK5j.jpg

FPj0453.jpg

Edited by mayzie12
  • Like 3

Mine turned up today and the first thing i did was offer up the ken block gymkhana wheels and the weird bobbly buggy ones, they're a slightly smaller diameter than the carisma ones and slightly thinner, and that was the fronts, gonna get a spare set of carisma wheels and tyres and try out the ken block ones once ive had a go on this myself, still have to solder a xt60 onto the xt90 converter i got cos im an idiot and i buy things during fag breaks at work so my final buying research usually winds up with me buying wrong parts!

• 1 month later...
On 26/05/2017 at 00:02, Gurushastry said:

Mine turned up today and the first thing i did was offer up the ken block gymkhana wheels and the weird bobbly buggy ones, they're a slightly smaller diameter than the carisma ones and slightly thinner, and that was the fronts, gonna get a spare set of carisma wheels and tyres and try out the ken block ones once ive had a go on this myself, still have to solder a xt60 onto the xt90 converter i got cos im an idiot and i buy things during fag breaks at work so my final buying research usually winds up with me buying wrong parts!

I've got one too! Made a few changes, 300,000wt centre diff oil, better tyres (it actually grips so!), 4100kv motor and 120Amp esc on either 2S or 3S. Much better! It looks great going around the track at my local club.

I think it's good, as good as the next model anyway. Though I'm a bit suspect of the suspension arms, but saying that it hasn't broken yet. I haven't taken any vidz  of mine yet off-road. I've had to lift it for "off-road", only about 4mm higher. I've used it on fine hard level gravel/dirt/shale surface (in a quarry) with no problems but anything more and it just grounds out. It's a shame the car wasn't any bigger.....

They do look good yeah, everyone passes comment on it at the club. Just the simple changes in shock oil, centre diff oil, and tyres have made a nice subtle change to how the car performs. It's actually become competitive at the track now! Which has brought a smile to my face :D

and also the 4100kv and 120Amp esc... so hmm yes there's been quite a few changes! Wasn't impressed with the stock tyres, just too slippy, even on tarmac!

They're supposed to be "1:8" but I wouldn't say they are, I race this in a Rally class at my local club and it's a lot narrower than the 1/8 rally cars which are raced there. They're basically Rallycross 1/8. Still, it's nimble enough and quick! 

I did a speed trial vid of it, its in a thread I made below :good: shows what I've done to it.

edit: meant to say, it comes with mod1 gears and it's now running 11t pinion (not sure if that's stock?!) - it takes off well from the line anyway which is suitable for the track I use it on. With 3S I dare say it'll crack 50mp, or very high 40's in its current set up.

Edited by t2boats
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

I would love to see some drx Vs. Carisma off road racing!!!!!!! Vids plz:clapping:

Well if you like that sort of thing, how about a threesome, local bash partner in crime has Carisma Porsche as well.........:lol: