• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone near Peterborough?

DeadMeatUK

Would have come over if i had seen this earlier. By the time i get the lipos charged and nitros packed though it wont be worth it now. Hopefully next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Not this weekend im afraid :( got my kids here this weekend plus looking after a friends 2 Saturday night,

and then got Kevin Tuckwood popping round on Sunday to sort out his new Baja and make sure his savage is running as it should ready for next weekends bash over at Bawsey :D

Dadon,

Can you do links to google earth? I'm always looking for the next big thing...

Also we will soon be handing the BMX track back over to the BMX'rs (summers coming) :(

deepingbmxtrack_zps143d64ee.jpg

go by this BMX track every day on my way to work! it about half the size of the orton one so we might be able to get round the whole track lol and not that you can see in the pic but next to this is a small grass track aswell that would be a bit less forgiving when things go wrong only problem i could see is that its not fenced off so local kids could get close to us and get in the way but its just a thought

Edited by swingy_p

Just above the marker to the left.Big green woodland.

This just to be a quarry. They planted trees after they finished but uneven terrain remained. There are endless climbing walls, ramps, crawling areas. All you would ever need. Ask others that have been there, it is superb. Two big open spaces for speed runs just be ware of rabbit holes.

NOTE: Its owned by council, usually there is plenty people around but kids have their playing areas so no random kids running around in the woods annoying you when you drive rc car. ALSO I would suggest to bring your electric cars as someone might complaint about noise if you want to stay close to centre of park where toilets, cafe bar is, burger vans and kids area. If you go more in to the woods you should be fine with nitro as there are areas used by motorbikes too and there is no problems at all.

Edited by Dadon

• 3 weeks later...

hi guy's, how you all getting on? i've been offline for a while(laptop wouldn't charge properly so i tried to fix it, 10 mins later it was in the bin,lol).i hadn't been able to order parts for my savvy or nowt, it's been hard :yucky: . anyway's, i'm back online and parts are all here and fixed on and we're ready for a bash(weather pending)anytime any of you guy's are up for it. look forward to a reply, thanks,

Scott

We've been meeting every weekend, sometimes Saturday and sometimes Sunday.... Or both!

We have been arranging meets via Facebook

This weekends location is yet to be confirmed?

• 8 years later...
On 07/11/2012 at 23:10, DeadMeatUK said:

Hi All,

Above says it all... Is the any Bashers that meet up? Finding it a bit boring on my own. Although I have 4 friends at work that have Savage's and other similar trucks, but have only been able to get together once! I have a 1/8 nitro short course

Hi are you still in the Peterborough area looking g to run your 1/8 scales? 

On 14/11/2012 at 16:25, kt021979 said:

im in wisbech , not been into nitro long myself . get bored by myself too :whistling:

got 2 x acme monster t 1 with 2 speed box other single speed,

mardave maruader but dont like using it as father in law and got lump around car battery etc

and also a xtm x cellerator

Do you still run im in whittlesey