• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Lunchbox/Midnight Pumpkin Owners Club....

jason3249

jason could you make a list of owners on first page with spec model own orignal or rerelease etc as this thread ultra untidy tbh

like how http://www.msuk-foru...er-owners-club/

ta

Edited by R46

And another owner to add to the list today. Lunchbox Black Edition (re re). It has been a busy day today but I hope to make a start tomorrow but it isn't looking likely and I'll be away visiting family for the next week!! Still plenty to look forward to on my return.

Merry xmas to all.

Edited to add pic...

gallery_28308_2409_167118.jpg

Edited by NITO

I managed to build mine up before having to go abroad for a few days to visit family (upto 19 degrees in south of France today ;) ) and I was delighted to find that my Lunchbox kit includes the parts required to convert the shocks over to oil filled dampers (ie 4 extra U brackets and hardware). I saw the CVA dampers on the hop up section of the box and no mention of extra brackets and thought that was odd until I finished building the kit and noticed the extra section in the manual showing how to fit the cva dampers and how the kit included the necessary parts and obviously the bits were left over for it.

Cheers

Nito

This is looking good gone sort it out soon with a list etc keep it up and post your info etc!!!

Have you sold all your LB's mate? Or have you kept any?

Info

Sbooby Doo LB -

Fully Ball Raced and Sport Tuned Motor and Mtroniks 20 ESC

Wolves FC LB -

Oil Filled Shocks

Homemade Front Brace

Fully Ballraced

Monster Beetle 2.2 Wheels and Tyres

HD Servo Saver

Airbrushed WWFC Lexan Body

13T Brushless Combo

Both using Nimh :)

I think Jason is responsible for single handedly increasing sales of Tamiya lunchboxes this xmas with his thread!! They should give you a free black edition!!

Lol thanks m8 there gr8 trucks for the price and cheap to fix lol should get the black one soon..... ;)

Am I the only one that breaks something EVERY time I go out??

Usually something to do with supsension or steering!

I was like that you need the crp kit as the shocks are to close to the wheels.....

Edited by jason3249

Lol thanks m8 there gr8 trucks for the price and cheap to fix lol should get the black one soon..... ;)

I was like that you need the crp kit as the shocks are to close to the wheels.....

NITO, on 03 January 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

I think Jason is responsible for single handedly increasing sales of Tamiya lunchboxes this xmas with his thread!! They should give you a free black edition!!

He only got the ideas from me :tease: :tease: take all the credit why dont you jas :tease::smilies_eusasmiles2:<_< but its nothing new that wasnt around 20+ years ago

I have a spare set of crp arms and a set of steering turnbuckles open to offers

Edited by flash22

Lol, and you Flash, the mods may not be new, but the enthusiasm in both of your threads has been inspiring! I wonder how many others fancied the LB after getting enthused by your threads??

It's strange, I prefer modding a Tamiya to bring it up to more modern standards than buying a Savage or similar HPI. Not that I have anything against HPI, I think their stuff is great, just have a lot of love for Tamiyas and given a few mods it makes them so much better. I'm addicted to modding things anyway and its great to see others at it.

That 5th shock mod is an absolute must on these!!

Cheers

Nito

Ps. Should add my spec now for when Jason does the thread tidy;

Lunchbox Black Edition

Acoms 2.4G Stick Radio system

Fully Ball Raced

Traxxas F&R shocks

Absima 5th Shock mod

Camber correction mod

HPI Flux Shot Brushless Motor 4300Kv

HPI Flux Reload V2 Waterproof ESC

HPI Lipo Battery 2s