• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, willashcroft said:

A bit of a change from Mx5's and drifting, but equally as much fun getting to explore in it 😎

Full camping setup in the back with dual battery, solar panel, fridge, drawers etc.

It's just a more expensive full size scaler 😂

Very nice and welcome. V8 or td5 ???

DSC_0999.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rover Man said:

td5 is a crackin engine just keep an eye on injector loom, Cheap enough and easy to fit oh and get it mapped lol 

They do a sealed version now Dave was in landrover owner mag😉

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

7VaJxwu.jpg

KJH6NH2.jpg

GTE, 4 weeks old, first car i've ever had with a head up display. 

Driving around with 250hp while averaging currently over 86mpg for the last (and first) 380 miles, couldn't be happier. Will go up further once the weather picks up and the engine settled in even.

Edited by m4inbrain

• 3 weeks later...

Another mot for the camper, Flew through and its still got the paper labels on the axel lol. 

Only done 1800 miles this year and cant use it at the moment as looking after my terminaly ill mother 

328343371_3570636866595558_6601055185483

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Picked this up a few weeks back and have to say really like it a lot, very comfy and being the DCI its pretty nippy but good on fuel, i can see me having a newer Captur in a couple of years

IMG_20230206_162345.jpg

I had a 17 plate DCI 90 Captur same colour as well was as you said pretty nippy and IMO very good in the corners I have some fast twisting roads near me it handled it very nicely felt planted considering the type of car it is but my 20 plate nissan qashqai I have now although faster I can’t do anything like I could in the Captur on the twisting roads I’ll be looking at the new gen hybrid Captur’s in a couple of months loved that car 👍

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Like 1

They do have a gearbox,  just a single speed. 😉

Test drove one amongst its rivals (Megane E-Tech, ID3 etc, all in bridgend) - by far the best value. Can't say anything about range in winter (reason why we went with a plug in hybrid, need guaranteed range all year around due to hospital visits across the country) - but i'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed either way. Just follow "the rules" in regards to your battery, you don't want it  to degrade prematurely (don't keep it charged at 100% etc) - because in winter, with heating on, the range drop is very noticeable. In all EVs (and PHEVs). 

Other than that, which colour did you go with? 

Edited by m4inbrain

Looks good mate, once you get used to "one pedal driving", you'll love it. I'm assuming you're from Cardiff or thereabouts, perfect car. Our GTE changed how i view traffic massively - i'm okay going slow now, means i can go further/save money. 😄

• Like 1