• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 53HRA said:

@Brumboy lovely stash! I’ve always wanted an E30 the prices have shot up, so the closest I have is the 36 

Thanks pal, e30 prices lol, I’m probably one of the ones to blame for the e30 prices, I’ve lost count on how many I have broken up, I’ve still got some rare bits in my loft 

e36’s are brilliant mate, especially the earlier m50, mine currently has an s50 will be dropping an s62, just waiting for things to get better 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAL3D said:

Having driven an Atom a few times you'll have a blast! Nothing else quite like it 😍

Never have so it'll be a bit of a learning curve.

3.5 Supercharged with a good spec. Don't have it yet, it's going to the factory next week for a service then I've got to head down and pick it up from the current owner sometime next month.

1 hour ago, DAL3D said:

Exciting! Warm clothes... you'll discover drafts you didn't know you could get 😆

Ha ha! Indeed.

Many years riding motorcycles around the North of Scotland will hopefully have prepared me a bit. Plus, this example has the perspex  side panels too.

If that fails, heated clothing is next on the list. 👍

Edited by namastebuzz
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, James RC said:

Very nice mate. I've always been a fan of the Atom

Yeah I've always wanted one since that TG test as well.

Thing is, I never thought I'd get one. Generally I don't have £40k sitting round to spend on a toy and I never contemplated having the money to run an exotic car either.

Two things happened. First, I came into some money that is going to be invested in a house but not for another 3-4 years. Secondly, I'd noticed some of the newer Atom 4s getting sold at well over their initial build cost and, by extension, started looking at the residuals of Atom 3s and noticed they suffer almost zero depreciation. Digging further I figured out that they're about as complex as a Honda Civic. Tyres are £100. A clutch is £220 and a service at the factory is £500.  £300 road tax and 30-35mpg. Insurance is reasonable too.  Contrast that with running a Lambo or Ferrari.

I supposed that I could buy and run an Atom for a year or two without losing a lot of money, especially if I bought the right one. I seriously considered putting a deposit on a 4 because I could've ordered a lowish spec 4 for under £45k and definitley have sold it for a profit after a year (or even 2) of use. However, the 28 month wait for a 4 would eat into my  potential  3/4yr window of ownership  by far too much so 2nd hand it was.

So, the great experiment begins shortly. It's hopefully excellent Man Maths or some sort of reverse-engineered bangernomics. Getting a super low mileage, top spec, carefully owned car with full factory history is a good start. It's gonna cost me a few grand  to own and run it for a couple of years but whatever it costs - it'll be less than the friggin 54 plate Volvo XC70 we ran for the last two years. That's for sure. 😬

Edited by namastebuzz
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, namastebuzz said:

Been looking for a car that replicates the sensation of driving a 6S 1/8th scale truggy.........

Atom.jpg

Cool   is it lipo or NiMH     lol

Where does the shopping go . 

12 minutes ago, DAL3D said:

You put the mars bar in your pocket. 🤣

It does have a "boot" under the nose cone.

You can fit in a set of golf clubs. Once you've hacksawed them down to the appropriate length.....

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/02/2021 at 07:54, namastebuzz said:

It does have a "boot" under the nose cone.

You can fit in a set of golf clubs. Once you've hacksawed them down to the appropriate length.....

Well that's all clubs are good for right???? 🤣

Gonna be brilliant mate 👍

Where you picking it up from? Might aswell come via Oxford surely!?!?!?!?