• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

Well, while we're at it and show off toys, here's my old toy.

heIU4gJ.jpg

Back when i lived in germany, ran GLP1 on the Nordschleife with it. For funsies, GLP means "Gleichmäßigkeitsprüfung", meaning.. something like "regularity test" - it's not a full on racing series, but about consistent lap times, partially within given parameters/times. Loved it, one of the best sounding 4pots, at least in regards to modern ones (80s/90s not counted). 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 3

My 1.2 Corsa the day I got it about a year and a quarter ago.

1642584063_IMG_20181025_1721472.thumb.jpg.6c9a1476bb40d36a07db4524a3ec600a.jpg

Its the same age me, the original spare tire dates to mid December 2001. Only done about 40,000 miles and the interior is spotless.

Not a bad buy for £600

Edited by fnknan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2020 at 22:26, Guns said:

I ran Stance+ coilovers on my Caddy for over a year, they were great for the money

Maybe when my stock shocks give up I'll think about them :) my car is crazy light so shouldn't put much strain on them and the stock ride is very firm.

Just make sure you have the appropriate insurance for modifications... I use a company called Greenlight for my car with all mods declared including the remap and an extra 50bbp, the funny thing is it’s cheaper than insuring it as standard lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Just make sure you have the appropriate insurance for modifications... I use a company called Greenlight for my car with all mods declared including the remap and an extra 50bbp, the funny thing is it’s cheaper than insuring it as standard lol

Brentacre for me, been with them since they accepted me after having a licence  for 2 years. Any non performance mods free of charge. They're that good, even my bog standard work van is insured with them

• Like 1

On 14/02/2020 at 20:43, .AJ. said:

Will build up 1-year with Hastings then maybe change, not looking to mod the little Mazda much as it's always going to be a slow 1.4 68bhp Diesel. Got a Pipercross panel filter for it though as I can wash and maintain it over the stock paper one, not expecting any gains from it at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/01/2020 at 22:45, hoppy504 said:

My toy,  it now gets a lot less use due to my joint problems which are making access more difficult (ageing is wonderful ).

Elise 1 (5).jpg

love S1 Elises! I have an Azure blue one :-). 

Well my little Mazda 2 1.4 had a few issues, the woes of buying used cars and modern diesel systems (Injector issues) so I had it fixed and sold it on before any other problems showed up. To be honest it was great around town, but when going to visit the other half's family in Birmingham the car lacked any guts on the motorway.

I sold some audio bits and spent a little more on a 08 plate Ford Focus Style with the 1.8 petrol engine, naturally aspirated 125bhp, not great on fuel but lovely to drive and it's only got 60k miles on it. It has the odd scratch here or there, and a little surface rust underneath but mechanically it seems very solid.

Jetex air filter coming, and one day in the future I hope to get some alloys for it and maybe change the exhaust.

2 other focus 1.8's I went to see had oil leaking from the cam-chain cover, one was impeccable outside and had the Zetec S trim but I didn't want a car with an oil leak, even though it was minor.

8TGOOXK.jpg

• 4 weeks later...