• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

2 hours ago, James1986 said:

A very similar story to me! I've gone from a 318d to the M140i, from 52mpg to about 20 🤣

2 months on and i don't regret it for a second!

I didn’t go quite as extreme as mines still diesel but doesn’t sound like a transit in the morning like the BMW used to and actually makes a pretty pleasing sound for a diesel.

Pulls like a bloody train with 650nm of torque and 313bhp on tap 😀 and still getting 40mpg on my commute!

Very envious of your M140i though, absolute riot of a car and sound bloody lovely. Can’t beat a 6 cylinder and you got the last one they will ever put in a 1 series too, crying shame really as the new on may as well be a focus! Even looks like one 😂

The Corsair GT aced it, stunning car. And mechanically interesting, V4s are rare - my dad had one when i was young (both in a Taunus and later in a Capri). 

Just out of interest, doesn't really matter but still wondering: are those wheels "period correct"? The Corsair GT wasn't sold where i grew up, so i've actually never seen one in flesh. They look a little like what i had on my old Ascona B (i think they were called Cavalier Mark 1 over here, and slightly differently styled). 

4 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

The Corsair GT aced it, stunning car. And mechanically interesting, V4s are rare - my dad had one when i was young (both in a Taunus and later in a Capri). 

Just out of interest, doesn't really matter but still wondering: are those wheels "period correct"? The Corsair GT wasn't sold where i grew up, so i've actually never seen one in flesh. They look a little like what i had on my old Ascona B (i think they were called Cavalier Mark 1 over here, and slightly differently styled). 

They are from the correct period but due to being 15 inch diameter they most likely would not be on a Ford of this size. They are 7 and 8 x15 Compomotve split rims with 205 and 225 section tyres

• Like 1

Been rolling on coil overs for a while now, gotta say they are huge improvement over the tired old stock suspension, Ive also had a rear arb fitted at the same, that’s  helped the handling even more 

2-C6-FF97-D-1557-40-AC-ADC4-A4-D2-FFEE9-

Old father crimbo is bringing me a lovely big Toyo intercooler for Xmas, so in the new year we can turn the boost up a bit more. Then i can start to think about a hybrid turbo 👌 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Been rolling on coil overs for a while now, gotta say they are huge improvement over the tired old stock suspension, Ive also had a rear arb fitted at the same, that’s  helped the handling even more 

Old father crimbo is bringing me a lovely big Toyo intercooler for Xmas, so in the new year we can turn the boost up a bit more. Then i can start to think about a hybrid turbo 👌 

Is it the diesel or petrol VRS then AJ? 

Thinking of giving my BM a few more tweaks in the new year, ...love modifying my cars, RC scale and full scale. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

It’s Petrol, a 1.8 20v Turbo, the same engine thats in the Audi TT, Golf GTI, Leon Cupra etc. of the same period 👍 

Nice. I always prefer petrol models over diesel, ...a friend has a diesel VRS though and is very pleased with it.  

Tuned they can be made to go very well. 😎 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I just bought an Volvo XC70 (2007) D5, I don't want to post a pic as it's not sporty enough looking at everyone elses wheels. :lol:

But now I have a sensible daily, I can look at a fast car again. [emoji3]

I think I posted a picture of my hybrid so the drive of shame still belongs to me, if you change your mind over a picture.

[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ostewart said:

Just bought my first car, a 2009 1.4 diesel Mazda 2 TS2. Not powerful, but very economical.

Congrats firstly. 👍 

Not sure how old you are but one thing to bear in mind re; "not powerful" comment is that it is all relative. 

What I mean is that by today's standards or compared to what some cars can perform like now it may not be quick or powerful but compared to older cars it's not bad at all. 

Take my first car for example a 1988 Nissan Micra GSX 998cc. 

Straight away performance wise your car is quicker to 60mph by almost 5 whole seconds, ...okay yours is a 1.4Litre compared to my old 998cc (1Ltr) but it is also a diesel compared to what was a petrol. 

I'd also wager that your first car has electric windows, central locking, an alarm, CD player etc etc. Luxuries most of us older generation never had on our cars at all until much later. 

Enjoy it for what it is. 😉 

2 hours ago, GMballistic said:

Congrats firstly. 👍 

Not sure how old you are but one thing to bear in mind re; "not powerful" comment is that it is all relative. 

What I mean is that by today's standards or compared to what some cars can perform like now it may not be quick or powerful but compared to older cars it's not bad at all. 

Take my first car for example a 1988 Nissan Micra GSX 998cc. 

Straight away performance wise your car is quicker to 60mph by almost 5 whole seconds, ...okay yours is a 1.4Litre compared to my old 998cc (1Ltr) but it is also a diesel compared to what was a petrol. 

I'd also wager that your first car has electric windows, central locking, an alarm, CD player etc etc. Luxuries most of us older generation never had on our cars at all until much later. 

Enjoy it for what it is. 😉 

Yeah I wanted something sensible, reliable and cheap to run. I'm 26 but had my license for 6 years, just haven't had the money or reason to own a car.

It's a lovely little runner and I'm really happy with it.

• Like 1

As a german living in the UK, the "not powerful" comment is not just relative as GMballistics mentioned, it's entirely nonsense really if you think about it. 

I know for a fact that parents tell their kids "but why do you need that much power anyway" - and as someone who moved over from a country where you can indeed use any amount of power (.. well, as long as the car is legal) properly, i agree now. I owned everything from a 330hp E30 3 series, a Megane RS Trophy that i raced on the Nordschleife, a Hyundai Coupe (my first car :D) etc - now i'm old, sitting on a 1.5l 150hp petrol SEAT Ateca and wishing i'd had taken the 115hp diesel for it, because even 150hp is, objectively, too much in the UK. The entire "well you need umph to overtake a bike etc" is nonsense too, i took some driving lessons over here to get used to driving right hand and on the (to me) other side of the road (better be safe than sorry), in a 70hp hyundai i20 - and that's plenty to overtake a bike on the road, from experience. 

As was said: enjoy it for what it is, i'm at the age now where i look more at my "mpg dial" than i look at the spec sheet. I bet you get better than my 42ish mpg (and that's with trickery like start/stop and sailing in eco mode), which makes it in the current climate (no pun intended) definitely worth owning.

I was hoping that the guy who sold the Outcast recently would've added his car here too, he took pictures of his Outcast sitting on a BMW 2002 Tii, beautiful thing.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 2