• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

show us your scaler!

My scx10 toyota chop top,not seen any action yet after nearly 2 months of putting together, keep planning to go out and then something comes up....but bank holiday weekend is my time...

3s lipo mtronicks rock c esc

DSC_0544_zpsb2755500.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

xy8H8M3.jpg

1:1 scale river cabin cruiser , 16 inches long  around 6-7 inches wide, still have some work to do,

including finding the scale navigation lighting, and scale parts to finish.

this is before it is filled sanded sealed and spray painted.

i am in hope to find some metal parts, stanchions to tie boat up with, small mud weight.

and other little tipbits. she is driven by a old vintage outboard motor, they were usually made

from diecast metal and fully working and to scale looked exactly like motors of those times, these days the same outboards can fetch a couple hundred pounds in english money and are getting rare to find. 

i do have plans for a hand made balsa outboard drive that uses everyday hobby items to hand to make a fully working outboard motor.

the boat can be designs and have a inrunner engine fitted and mounted. 

real life size the boat was made in a 16 foot and a 20foot+ models, this one is a 1:1 scale of the 16ft dolphin cabin cruiser.

the same model boat can be seen in mini scale via vintage corgi models, ( blue boat with white , on a  red trailer )

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just got my WWII Jeep and trailer to the stage where I can run them.

The Jeep is based on an Electrix Boost chassis which I have extended. I  started all this in March this year and got sidetracked by making s

Now I've found the original motor makes it travel too fast so I have ordered an Etronix T70.

Not sure how I paste a photo?

Bern

xy8H8M3.jpg

1:1 scale river cabin cruiser , 16 inches long  around 6-7 inches wide,

real life size the boat was made in a 16 foot and a 20foot+ models, this one is a 1:1 scale of the 16ft dolphin cabin cruiser.

the same model boat can be seen in mini scale via vintage corgi models, ( blue boat with white , on a  red trailer )

i think you have miss wrote you post, surely its not 1:1 as your model is 16 inch and the real thing is 16 foot lol

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

New to this site so just looking for some advice and any help in the future.

Some great looking scalers here.

I'm looking Into building one myself with a defender 90 body. Any help what setup to go for would be good. Looking Into the scx10 or scx10 dingo is there much difference between the two other than price and one being a kit?

Edited by perks1987

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...