• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

show us your scaler!

bowler is awsome. :) how did u manage to get it like that. I mean can i get my spare tt01 to sit that high with a shell like that? Looks like it would be soooooo much fun out in the park when im there with the wee lass. :)

@ Gaz, the 101" is very special as you have already said its a stunning looking rig and it drives superbly too(finally managed to get some paint for her today so as I can remount the wing mirror!)

@ Alex97, the sand tired rig is a Fastrax Cage imported by CML. I bolted a set of SCX10 axles and transmission under it and run a 10.5 ezrun motor in it powered by a CC Mamba Max Pro.

@cazxr2, the Bowler is sat on a Tamiya TB-01 rally chassis. It could go on a TT-01, to raise the ground clearance you have to take a knife to the plastic parts that sit under the gearboxes, this lets the wishbones drop

here is a photo of my nutty Pug 206 rally car sat on a TT-01

Pug%2520206.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really want a scaler now I'm done with bashers I want something to make look real. Any tips how I can get a decent chassis done on the cheap or would I be best getting a axial dingo kit, I have a 2700kv motor in my slash would that be torquey enough. I'm tempted to relieve the big slash of duty. Would prefer to keep it tho so any ways for a cheap build that is capable? I think the maverick scout is ok but I would prefer something i can customize anything on.

Some really amazing builds on here I really like the cab and cage bodies they are the nuts. Mayb a defender with cage at the back it will be grusome when its finished after I finally get one.

Any ideas plz pm me I would also like to know how much a typical decent scaler would be used but my favorite idea is the dingo kit from ms but can they be converted to honcho? Thanks.

I really want a scaler now I'm done with bashers I want something to make look real. Any tips how I can get a decent chassis done on the cheap or would I be best getting a axial dingo kit, I have a 2700kv motor in my slash would that be torquey enough. I'm tempted to relieve the big slash of duty. Would prefer to keep it tho so any ways for a cheap build that is capable? I think the maverick scout is ok but I would prefer something i can customize anything on.

Some really amazing builds on here I really like the cab and cage bodies they are the nuts. Mayb a defender with cage at the back it will be grusome when its finished after I finally get one.

hi fella, save yourself lots of time and greif and buy a axial scx10 dingo builders kit, if you wish to go brushless i would personally stick to 10.5t or slower to keep the driveline in one piece, then you have a brilliant chassis to work with to get whatever look your going for. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Next time a cheap TB01 pops up i think im going to build a bowler, just missed out one today. Just love Andy's Bowler. However the 101 is my favourite! Can't believe how well it drives her is a video i took of it at the last scale meet.

i've got a 1/1 scale 101 :D

Hope you can get the 101" back together Jimo, they really are an awesome bit of kit. I have loved them since the late 1970`s when I saw one in a book. Never owned own, I have driven a GS tho. And of course own the 1.8977 scale GS in the video (but I didnt build it, another guy built the bodyshell on an SCX Dingo)

Hope you can get the 101" back together Jimo, they really are an awesome bit of kit. I have loved them since the late 1970`s when I saw one in a book. Never owned own, I have driven a GS tho. And of course own the 1.8977 scale GS in the video (but I didnt build it, another guy built the bodyshell on an SCX Dingo)

thought you'd like it bud :thumbsup:

• Like 1