• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Can't believe my diff input cups are showing wear after only 4 2s pack, think I'll be ordering the centre CVs nextweek :)
they are the softest cheese known to man even home hardening them only makes them last marginally longer, it's a shame one of the hot racing centre drive cups I got snapped cos the one that didn't is still fitted and hasn't got a mark on it!!

OK shame as i only seem to where out the centre ones well the centre rear really .. I'm trying at the minute to see if a thicker diff oil up front and thinner on the rear will make much of a difference but the weather is not playing ball at the minute

I found them here in stock

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-Center-Universal-Drive-Shaft-Set-Front-Rear-HPI106730-/180915990906?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1f6ef17a

Edited by mydoddy69

im going to be rebuilding the gear box and noticed that it is lightly greased but when i clean it out as there are bits of metal every where can i use abit of vasiline as i dont have any grease ?

Why do you have Vaseline on hand? ;) seriously though I would grab a small tube of proper grease as I wouldn't imagine Vaseline would stand up to the temps generated inside the drive train..

Edited by smash

Why do you have Vaseline on hand? ;) seriously though I would grab a small tube of proper grease as I wouldn't imagine Vaseline would stand up to the temps generated inside the drive train..

its not on hand theres some in the first aid cupboard , i just thought it would be alright just for this weekend , what grease do you recommend ?

its not on hand theres some in the first aid cupboard , i just thought it would be alright just for this weekend , what grease do you recommend ?

Any grease would do if you got some in the garage but i'd give the first aid stuff a miss as its not up for the job..pop down to your local Halfords or B&Q they should have some .. Or this stuff

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-heavy-duty-grease-10g-/rc-car-products/25879

I like this as its in a tube and less messy but a little exspensive

Any grease would do if you got some in the garage but i'd give the first aid stuff a miss as its not up for the job..pop down to your local Halfords or B&Q they should have some .. Or this stuff

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-heavy-duty-grease-10g-/rc-car-products/25879

I like this as its in a tube and less messy but a little exspensive

what doddy said mate, I've just got a big tub of high temp marine grease that my dad got me from his work at the boat yard, messy but it sticks like schiesher to a blanket..

Has anyone tried any of the aluminium hop-ups yet?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=savage+xs+aluminum&LH_PrefLoc=2&_ipg=200&rt=nc

Reason I ask is that I had the XS out for a play today which didn't end well. I crashed into a solid object - not excessively hard I thought - and ripped a front wheel off. On looking at it it's ripped the two king pins out of the drive cup. The cups don't look damaged badly, they just bent enough to release the pins it seems. Unfortunately I also lost one of the pins, which you don't seem to be able to buy on their own, only as part of a complete set HPI #105292. :(

I have the full set of hot racing front and rear hubs on mine & can highly recommend them been out today on the fun park practising backflips today, 6/8 feet out of the ramps and still all in one piece, only thing I broke today was a solder joint on my esc, the hot racing cvds I fitted the other day also seem very good too..

I've had a look on liquid rc and sadly they dont list them, they would be under
Edited by smash

I have the full set of hot racing front and rear hubs on mine & can highly recommend them been out today on the fun park practising backflips today, 6/8 feet out of the ramps and still all in one piece, only thing I broke today was a solder joint on my esc, the hot racing cvds I fitted the other day also seem very good too..

Thanks, did the front hubs come with the pins or not? All the pictures I have seen don't seem to show the pins, which would mean I'd have to buy a set of the plastic hubs just to get the pins which would seem to be a waste.

Mine came with some hardware think it was just the screws for holding the pins in though , I have some spare pins though I can post you one for free if you like, pm your postal address and I'll shoot one off to you Monday..

Thanks for the offer, but I decided to buy a plastic set for now as it would likely take a few weeks to get the ali ones through from the US, and that would leave my XS sat on the shelf. :( Seems a bit odd that these pins aren't available separately, yet HPI list at least 3 other pins that you can buy on their own.