• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Fantastic bash site were is it ??? Might have to come along with some of mine for a laugh :thumbsup:

Mind you Oakley is Oxford way right ... so might be a little far

Edited by mydoddy69

So I've just had the rear end of my XS in pieces and closely inspected the diff crown gear and pinion mesh with the aid of a torch, and it's dreadful. The crown gear barely overlaps half of the pinion gear, so it's no wonder it keeps coming adrift and slipping. So I've added a couple of very thin shims (0.1mm?, from the parts bag that came with the XS), behind the bearing on the crown gear side, as well as a 0.5mm behind the pinion and it's definitely better. Had a quick 2S blast in the street and no sign of a problem, so I think it's all good.

I'm also thinking that I'll just stick to 2S, especially as I just ordered a bunch of 2S LIPOs so I won't be limited to a single pack run. It's not like it's slow on 2S anyway. :)

2s is more than enough IMO, I've just ordered a set of HB Powerpins to try out, hopefully I will have them tomorrow. They are going on another set of HPI Split 5's, but in black this time and im sorting out a nice shelfer shell :)

Edited by .AJ.

Well slugsie got to admit that i am more of a 2s basher as well.. Find that on the 3s i get a lot more breakages especially around the gear side of things .. Don't get me wrong the trucks a litlle pocket rocket on 3s but more driver friendly on 2s ..

AJ Ive got the ground assault and there pretty good so going on them those new tires should do well .. Just avoid tarmac as mine didn't last 30 packs on the black stuff .. Mind you might be my love of doughnuts that didn't help

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

They are about 5mm taller than stock, but a touch thinner, I'm off out to give them a go round my clubs astro/carpet track soon, I'll give them a blast round the fields next door while I'm there as well :)