• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

here is the picture of the destroyed bearings i found supporting the front diff , going to be ordering some from rc bearings lets hope they last longer than these did

I found one of my front bearing was destroyed after the first run, strongly suggesting that it was damaged from the factory. Replacements seem to be holding up much better though.

Pics come on must have some pics.. oh well good reason to buy a SC8

Funny i just checked my box of bits and i have a sc8 the non waterproof one.. Still in its wrapper if you need one in a rush

Edited by mydoddy69

Thought i would turn my ff02 into an off roader as my xs is out of action , plugged it in went into the kitchen came back and boom it was on fire with lots of smoke , then the lipo popped from its case so i didnt go near it , eventually put it out with a powder fire extinguisher and then spent the next hour hobbling round the garden cleaning it up as im recovering from a broken leg haha

gallery_17801_2114_39680.jpggallery_17801_2114_113469.jpggallery_17801_2114_6749.jpggallery_17801_2114_102384.jpg

Edited by leongordon234

Well that don't look nothing like a xs.

its not , its my tamiya ff02 , i put my esc and wheels in it for abit of fun whilst my xs is out of action and i only got as far as plugging in the battery haha

Damage -

new esc

new rx

new lipo

new servo

new chassis :(

thanks for the servo ideas. poped it in the airing cuberd to and seems to have sorted itself so i might get lucky. (not been used for months and got a tad damp in garage so thoght id try it)

got to my shocks and the kit has come with no shock shafts :( ive emailed je about it. told its quicker emailing hpi but cant find an address

Thought i would turn my ff02 into an off roader as my xs is out of action , plugged it in went into the kitchen came back and boom it was on fire with lots of smoke , then the lipo popped from its case so i didnt go near it , eventually put it out with a powder fire extinguisher and then spent the next hour hobbling round the garden cleaning it up as im recovering from a broken leg haha

Bleeding hell mate, you aren't having much luck are you? Any idea why that happened?

not sure i think it was the esc that caught first and then it popped the lipo so i stayed back and had to watch it burn :(, the clean up took awhile as i only have 1 good leg atm but my mum didnt notice when she got home so i must of done a good job ,

i had that new motor coming aswell no im not going to be able to run it , didnt someone say they had an sc8 or something ?

Just back from a skate park bash and I'm really impressed with the strength of the truck, I only managed to break a hex pin, a shock mounting screw and the switch on my SC8 fell to bit, vids to follow soon :)

Just noticed I've lost the large plastic washer that goes in front of the shock cap, has anyone got a spare they would sell to me??? I've searched the part online and it comes with loads of useless parts i will never need and is a tenner :(

Edited by .AJ.