• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Dog bones, shocks, drive cups.

In fact just go and buy another XS and raid it for parts as needed. ;)

I'd add

Wheel hex's pins

rear hub

centre drive cup (rear mainly)

And a spare set of dogbones if a hub goes on ya you might loose the dogbone aswell Not unless you swaped to the CVD's then i'd just take along your old dogbones and axles

Dont count on it i have broken the CVD's a couple of times on a bad landing .. They just shattered where the pin goes in .. I have the upgraded shocks and have had the bottom shockend strip out of the shaft a few times .. mainly running 3s doing standing backflips thou .. so i'd make sure you got a couple of ends you never know

my mum says i have enough even though i only have a savage xs, 2 tamiya ff02's and a tamiya m01 mini, a mardave and a hell load of sares oh and a blade cx2 heli and a walkera 60d heli haha :whistling:

i will probs build up my other ff02 and buy an esc to go with it

Well my XS now has 4 wheels again - thank you RCGeeks for your speedy delivery. Only problem now is that the rear diff engagement is getting worse - you can hear the teeth slipping frequently. Either the crown gear or the input gear is probably worn. Hopefully a bit of a shim behind the input gear will sort it for now, but I'm not going to do that tonight.

Well my XS now has 4 wheels again - thank you RCGeeks for your speedy delivery. Only problem now is that the rear diff engagement is getting worse - you can hear the teeth slipping frequently. Either the crown gear or the input gear is probably worn. Hopefully a bit of a shim behind the input gear will sort it for now, but I'm not going to do that tonight.

well next time dont crash it haha :whistling: , only messing glad you got it sorted , hopefully in a few days mine will be back up and running :)

Good answer , looks like i need new bearings to support the front diff as when i went to have a look why there was a ring around my driveshaft it turned out both bearings were smashed to oblivion :( (pics to follow )

i dont fancy paying the stupid prices hpi demand for 2 bearings so the modelsport jobbies will have to do

might treat her to some shock socks as well whilst its on the bench and maybe a light kit if shes good haha

here is the picture of the destroyed bearings i found supporting the front diff , going to be ordering some from rc bearings lets hope they last longer than these did

gallery_17801_2086_50004.jpg