• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

I have the none waterproof SC8 in mine and it seems very good. I've stuck with the stock motor at 4000kv, I think it gives me more flexibility. I can use 2S for some silly fun, or 3S for some very silly fun.

Here are basically the same combos, but on ebay which some people may be more comfortable with

http://www.ebay.co.u... combo&_sacat=0

Just double checked, and with shipping there is only a quid or so in it - in RCEchos favour.

Edited by Slugsie

I will happily run my 4700kv on 3s, i used to run a much more amp hungry Tenshock SC401 5200 kv on 3s with a SC8 in Hyper TT with no issues what so ever, so the SC8 is more than game :)

whats the performance like over the xs stock esc and motor ? ,i might have to wait a week or two or sell some of my cars , cant really do anything else atm :(

I will happily run my 4700kv on 3s, i used to run a much more amp hungry Tenshock SC401 5200 kv on 3s with a SC8 in Hyper TT with no issues what so ever, so the SC8 is more than game :)

Spec for the SC8 recommends no more than 4000kv for 3S. I think that 4700kv on 3S would be too much, stressing the truck too much.

oo i have an idea , i bought a hpi flux shot 4300kv motor and it came this morning and i was looking on modelsport earlier and saw that the bullet st flux comes with the above motor so in theory the motor should push my xs around

anybody disagree ?

Edited by leongordon234

Yeah, I'd be wary of running a higher kv than stock motor on the stock ESC. I was unlucky enough to be one of the people who blew the stock ESC running on 2S.

ow yeah just realised that it was a higher kv :( , looks like i will have to put it to use in something else , i will have a look at the toro motor as im kind of on a budget

In theory stuff shipped from Hong Kong should be OK, but it does depend on whether the company is part of the agreement that is in place.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&propertyType=document&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014#P162_14235