• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Thanks for the offer, but I decided to buy a plastic set for now as it would likely take a few weeks to get the ali ones through from the US, and that would leave my XS sat on the shelf. :( Seems a bit odd that these pins aren't available separately, yet HPI list at least 3 other pins that you can buy on their own.

what pins are you needing? as when my suspension arm pin snapped i used a coat hanger cut it up and filed it down and boom there we go :thumbsup:

They're 3.5mm x 15mm steering pins, and they need to be pretty much exact or the wheels will be very wobbly. :)

They're 3.5mm x 15mm steering pins, and they need to be pretty much exact or the wheels will be very wobbly. :)

I used 4mm round steel bar cut a length down popped it in a drill then just used a fine file on it til it just fits .. Then finished it off with a bit of wet and dry paper

Oh and i forgot to say if you got any old 3.5mm drill bits knocking around just cut then end off one of them (the end that goes in the drill chuck) .. That is if you got a good cutting disc and a dremel

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

My little XS took a savage beating at the RHR Bash, relentless backfliping and big jumps couldnt break her, lost a steering link tho, but in the spirit of bashing it was soon bodged back together, I'll get some pics up soon :)

• Like 1

I've only had the steering link come adrift twice during some serious action over skate ramps, other than that it's been fine. Yesterday's crash just didn't seem that serious, normally I would expect the case to just bump away and carry on. Odd, but these things happen. Played with my Hyper today, lots of high speed fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Notes using Tapatalk 2

Just come across these shocks anyone heard any thing about them?? They look fantastic and sould fit the XS like a dream .. Seem really well built and you dont have to have the piggy back you can choose what style you like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM21107-Gmade-XD-Piggyback-Shock-93mm-2-Axial-SCX10-Honcho-Crawler-Truck-B44-/120918040185?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2746de79

They look pretty decent don't they, they are about 10mm shorter than stock though..

Edit just had a quick shufty and there are some 103mm jobs too :) could be promising..

Edited by smash

Bodged steering link

0fcf9e11.jpg

Luckily Savagebrum had some 3mm threaded bar and Bulletflux345 has some traxxas rod ends, I like the way it works now, the stock end will pop off in a big hit, but won't be lost because of the captive traxxas rod end, think I'm going to stick to this idea, so I've just ordered a pair of Lunsford 3mm x 38mm turnbuckles to replace the threaded bar :)

Yeah, the problem with the Hyper was just the the grub screw on the input cup to the front diff had come loose. Tightened it up and it' ok. Just need to double check the thread lock on them.

Any idea what is up with the electrics on your XS? What is it doing / not doing?

when i turn everything on it does the usual beep process but it sounds like its beeping underwater if that makes sense , then when you press the throttle you can here clicking like a car trying to turn over but the motor doesn't spin the wheels , the only way the motor spins is if you apply the throttle and spin the wheels by hand and then it starts but they only spin at half power with full throttle.

i then plugged in a 7700kv motor i had to the esc and when you plug in the battery the esc makes the usual beeps like normal no wierd noises and the motor spins fine :sly:

so my guess is its the motor not sure though

i can make a video if that helps ?

Weird. Did you run the standard motor not connected to the gearbox? Does sound like a dodgy motor though. Warranty time!

i didn't think of that i shall try it and see what happens , there isnt a chance of a warranty claim as i bought it off G rat savage so its classed as second hand :(

Stick a SC8 combo in her :)

Sell your original esc and you'll be nearly half way there money wise too :)

Edited by smash