• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Going on the HR stuff so far for the xs i'd stay well clear as it seems a little brittle
lol I won't have anything said against the hr hubs I bought.. They are very good indeed, well worth the pennies ;) just got some hr cvds too, they will be getting the fun park treatment on Saturday after which I'll give a report, externally they look very beefy tho..

I snapped that drive cup mate but that was it for me.. I Sussed why I was breaking the wheely king axles too, my endpoints were set badly allowing the steering to over rotate and allow the dogbones to come out Which in turn locked the axles and snapped the cups, the hr servo saver is top notch and I put a couple of packs through with the hr cvds up front tonight and they seem the biz too.. The only other thing I didn't like was the fastners on the hr extenders, but since I frapped up the hpi extenders by forgetting to threadlock them I just use the hr set with the hpi fasteners, problem solved :) one thing I do need to get is an alloy servo horn from somewhere, any suggestions?

Edited by smash

im looking at getting the kit version, is it a good build? how long does it take roughly? built plenty of tamiya kits, just wondered if its the same set out (totally unassembled?)

Better late than never , here is the damage from last weeks bash :thumbsup:

i aslo need a new bearing for the rear right hand side diff

Im not sure what gearing to go with any ideas?

gallery_17801_2086_16378.jpggallery_17801_2086_55596.jpggallery_17801_2086_16883.jpg

Edited by leongordon234

I am jealous of you guys who have tracks nearby.. Closest club to me is 25 miles away so I have to make do with waste ground, skate parks etc.. I'd love to put some laps in..

looking good aj , i have quite a few places to run mine one of them being my local bmx club that i ride for but my team manager said i cant take the xs on it grr :(

I've got the Ezrun SC8wp combo with the 4700kv motor, 4000kv seems the choice for 3s running, but I'm only using 2s so the 4700kv made more sense and it is well up for the job and so far temps have been great with no signs of over heating :)

Edited by .AJ.

That's the plan, but when I run it in wet grass the other day nothing really got in :)

ow right fair enough , ow btw my goodies arrived this morning new high torque servo , new gears etc should have her running tomorrow :):thumbsup: check my thread for updates over the next few days

what esc motor combo are people running? im seriously looking at getting the xs, but im not sure what to get. im only planning on running 2s

I'm running the stock motor with an SC8 ESC on 3S. I've also used the lower gearing that HPI recommend for 3S running. Dunno how fast it goes, but it's pretty damn fast, more than my Slash on 3S, but probably a bit behind my Hyper7e on 5S. ;) Temps seem reasonably good so far. :)

I got bored and opened up the vents in the motor cover, hopefully it will allow a better air flow around the motor

:)

I think I might do that too, looks like a tidy little job there.

I had to open my vents from the get go cos you can't fit a heatsink on the can of you don't cut the backs off of them. Like aj said not much gets in there..