• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

On 10/05/2022 at 06:58, zlab said:

Hi guys! well it's been quite a while... last summer i gave up on carnage, as it was constantly breaking the diffs... Then about two weeks ago i took it off the shelf and decide to give it another try, rebuilded the diffs and for now it seems to hold on well, ran around 6 packs on it...

I think i found the problem and i am angry on myself, that i did'nt notice that before 🙄

Too much suspension travel... i remember exeprimenting with the shock mounting position, which i now noticed caused that much suspension travel, that when suspension was in it's end position, the rear dogbones and front cvd's were pushing on the diff cups... This could effectivelly messed the gear mesh on every jump and bump. Well this is my theory, will see how it will behave now...

I also finally mounted the hardened steel spur, no more plastic gears 

Oh and the carnage got two new sets of tyres:

https://www.prolineracing.com/product/1-10-trencher-lp-front-rear-2.8-mt-tires-mounted-12mm-blk-raid-2/PRO1015910.html

https://www.prolineracing.com/product/1-10-street-fighter-lp-fr-rr-2.8-mt-tires-mounted-12mm-blk-raid-2/PRO1016110.html

Here it is, all dirty with the new street tyres to be tested...

spacer.png

Hi bud what motor/esc combo is that? 

On 06/06/2022 at 22:34, Vanden Plas said:

Are you saying you brought some off a different seller and they are the same size as the ones this guy sent you??

Hi .soz for the delay in reply.  

The 2an pair I bought are the same size as the broken set   NOT the smaller size  soz for the mix up . 

What meant is that the original ones are the same size as 2an pair I bought  so the smaller ones  must be off some other car .as for the seller I'm not asking for a refund as its  not worth  posting them back so no big deal . 

If any one needs a set an they know they fit there car  your welcome to them just for postage . 

If you want I can post a photo of the carnage ones next to the smaller ones . 

Cheers 

16 hours ago, Henry nemo said:

Hello! Just joined this forum to help me get this Carnage going. Just picked it up. It’s missed the controller and receiver🕹. It’s a brushed version. What do I need to get it running please? Thanks 

256DDD55-A8A1-468D-A5B0-EE4A9AAA3307.jpeg.

Definitely in need of a full FM radio setup and a battery (7.2v) Other than that, it look good to go.

17 hours ago, zlab said:

Hi! It's a Hobbywing Max10 SCT (120A) combo with a 3660 4000kv motor

Ah okies bud, IV ordered the hobbywing max10 ezrun with the 5400kv motor not realising its only a 2s motor lol will run my standard etronix motor until I either get some 2s battery's or a 4000kv motor so I can run my 3s battery's 

Broke a RW racing 13t pinion yesterday running the standard 2950kv etronix motor on the ezrun 60 amp esc, got to say the max10 ezrun is soo much better than the 2.1 etronix, gona be buyin a 11t pinion to run the 5400kv hobbywing motor on 3s will update what happens later if I get to run it today 

• 4 weeks later...

Well blew a 12t and 11t pinion on the carnage, so upgraded to a 20t and added a fan to the 5400kv motor to stop it over heating on 3s 🤠 so far temps are good, havnt had thermal shutdown on either motor or ESC 😎 

6 minutes ago, Strugglecuddle7 said:

I thought anything over 4000kv is only 2s?

If your bashing probably better but the motor can take any S its the esc thats the limiter. Eg you can buy a hobbywing 4s combo comes with a 4300kv motor and the esc is 4s but the motor says limit is 2s.
I put 4s into the motor and it came out fine, although i wasnt bashing it, it didnt explode.

1 hour ago, Strugglecuddle7 said:

I thought anything over 4000kv is only 2s?

That is correct, didn realise when I ordered the combo that it's only meant for 2s, usually lasts about 10 mins before thermal cut out kicks in but ATM with the added fan and smaller wheels its doin good, think it helps alot puttin the 20t pinion on aswel but it's crazy fast now, flat out it's easily hittin 50mph will be strappin my phone to it tomoz an doin some speed runs 

On 09/07/2022 at 21:34, MU55CLE said:

Hi guys 

have you got any shells you could put on a ftx carnage brushless ,if you do could you please send a link 

Yea as I want to change the look on my carnage .so watching with hope . 

On 15/07/2022 at 16:02, Iain .R said:

Yea as I want to change the look on my carnage .so watching with hope . 

Just about any 1/10th scale truck body should fit 

This is my xt to body sat on the carnage chassis and I know my mtqp body would fit aswell with post holes cut to suit 

I may, only may, have found a wing that doesn’t break at the sight of a bit of wind 

modelsport didn’t have any Vantage wings in stock so I took a chance on this which is still FTX but for another model. Part number FTX9085

Needs a bit of Modding to fit by moving the mounts back and drilling out the holes in the wing but I’ve flipped it a few times without it breaking 

time will tell…..

any recommendations for Road Tyres for this model as you can tell, I’ve stripped the FTX ones. I’ve tried the Fastrax ones but they are delicate, I’ve split them catching a kerb. 

88B9959A-1BD0-41C2-8916-1A2716CA6C82.jpeg

Well if had my 1st major damage in months today   snapped my  chassis .

At the front  as always.  So time to buy another one an swap it all over  again  lol I was showing off an smashed in to block of rubber that they use at the bottom of portable fences  it's a black rubber block with holes in it and you drop the fence in to it an it can join two fences then they put a metal clip in the middle to keep it up well it was one them . 

Tried to drifted around the block and under the fence and misjudged it and hit the block  snapped the chaiss  lucky still able to drive the car to get it back . 

• 3 weeks later...

A while back I bought and fitted the higher power Etronix ESC and motor, only to have it almost go up in flames, looking to get a 100+ watt ESC now, to be fair, i was using a 3s 50c pack on it at the time but boy did it rip while it ran. 😅

3 hours ago, Gari_Ferret said:

A while back I bought and fitted the higher power Etronix ESC and motor, only to have it almost go up in flames, looking to get a 100+ watt ESC now, to be fair, i was using a 3s 50c pack on it at the time but boy did it rip while it ran. 😅

I can recommend the hobbywing quickrun 120amp 

£42 and runs very nicely 

Mines pared with a 4.5turn brushless motor 

3 hours ago, Borked said:

@windz1000r hi mate. Random question - do your XT2 wheels fit on the Carnage? I’ve rounded the hex in one of my wheels again and am considering putting stadium truck wheels on. 

I'll have a look 

The braces inside the wheel catch on the arms 

PXL_20220811_161418523.jpg

Edited by windz1000r
  • Thanks 1