Jump to content
  • Join our community

    Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?


stretch

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

The servo saver is like that on all of them. The axle housings also crack if you look at them funny.  Such a great looking truck but so so so flawwed

 

The servo saver yes however I disagree that the axle housings crack as easily as what is shown on YouTube. Yes they will break if you're pushing beyond what it's really designed for but if you drive it in a more "scale" manner they'll last a while (winter maybe an exception as such if I keep it long enough it won't be going out in the cold months). One other thing that I think catches a few people out is it is  quite weighty, probably similar or more than a Maxx. I certainly didn't think it would be as heavy as it is.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

Fitted the alloy steering bridge to the XV02 and made up the over tray

 

273-F8366-E083-4-AB8-8-CEF-9552-D451-D7-

 

98885-AE7-A364-4-B89-9-AE0-5747569-D1-C6
 

I’ll give the overtray a coat of black paint at some point 👍 


Nice! What body are you putting on it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Jonmurgie said:

What I DID do to my model today was take it out for the first time 😆 what I DIDN'T do to my model today was check the wheel nuts were tight out of the box 🙈

 

1180D98A-2DDF-43D3-B37D-00CE8BDAEEA7.jpeg.a89883b5aad838e005197ef86d5412a6.thumb.jpeg.6ff357133396fc781208c120737adc4c.jpeg

 

Lessons were learnt today 🤓

How are the hexes in the wheels looking? I hope you haven’t round them! 😬

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jonmurgie said:

What I DID do to my model today was take it out for the first time 😆 what I DIDN'T do to my model today was check the wheel nuts were tight out of the box 🙈

 

1180D98A-2DDF-43D3-B37D-00CE8BDAEEA7.jpeg.a89883b5aad838e005197ef86d5412a6.thumb.jpeg.6ff357133396fc781208c120737adc4c.jpeg

 

Lessons were learnt today 🤓

 

Check the pinion too, those grub screws seem to always be slack from the box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:


Was going for a Audi Quattro, but had a change of mind and I’m now going for a Lancia Delta Integrale 👍 

Noice. Both are great choices 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, supersavage said:

Had some more fun with the LMT

 

xgsKeom.jpg

 

Have to say that it's probably the most fun truck I've driven for a long time as you really don't need a lot of space to have fun with it and it really does handle and drive like a full size monster truck. Also maybe drove it a little too hard again as I discovered that my little ramps are just big enough to do front flips 🤣

They do look like so much fun just wish they where a bit cheaper 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, windz1000r said:

They do look like so much fun just wish they where a bit cheaper 

 

Still expensive but make it build it have the grave digger for a bit "cheaper" than some of the other shops. Plus they have the klarna pay in 3 thing which is extremely dangerous 🤣

 

https://www.makeitbuildit.co.uk/losi-grave-digger-4wd-solid-axle-monster-truck-rtr-94318

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, supersavage said:

 

Still expensive but make it build it have the grave digger for a bit "cheaper" than some of the other shops. Plus they have the klarna pay in 3 thing which is extremely dangerous 🤣

 

https://www.makeitbuildit.co.uk/losi-grave-digger-4wd-solid-axle-monster-truck-rtr-94318

Zero interest pay in 3 is very dangerous 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the chances of me getting another new M03 chassis being kinda slim I've taken the parts, most M chassis parts are transferable between the older chassis I just needed to order the chassis, drive shafts and gears to make an MF01. Only issue is the short wheelbase drive shaft is out of stock. 

 

Electronics need a tidy however it's coming together.

 

Edit - having some 5mm carbon fiber rod lying around worked perfectly. I'm not sure why I didn't think about it before as it's what I used to make all of the internal shafts. 

 

20220806_135648.jpg

20220806_214350.jpg

Edited by Alex97
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alex97 said:

With the chances of me getting another new M03 chassis being kinda slim I've taken the parts, most M chassis parts are transferable between the older chassis I just needed to order the chassis, drive shafts and gears to make an MF01. Only issue is the short wheelbase drive shaft is out of stock. 

 

Electronics need a tidy however it's coming together.

20220806_135648.jpg

Can you not get an after market GPM/Yeah Racing shaft for now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...