Jump to content
  • Join our community

    Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?


stretch

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Hmm Ive ran XO-1 shafts on a few 4x4 Models over the years and never had an issue with them cracking? Do you clean the truck after every run?

I clean them every run, maybe the boots do not like  sand, I only drive the car  on the beach, the driveshaft  are fine but the boots have cracks in it and it looks like the rubber is dried out a bit, so I have to rebuild them or buy other driveshafs.

 

Or maybe I remove the boots and make some clips or something to hold the pins in place, the new traxxas driveshaft do no have boots anymore.

Edited by No brains
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, No brains said:

I clean them every run, maybe the boots do not like  sand, I only drive the car  on the beach, the driveshaft  are fine but the boots have cracks in it and it looks like the rubber is dried out a bit, so I have to rebuild them or buy other driveshafs.

 

Or maybe I remove the boots and make some clips or something to hold the pins in place, the new traxxas driveshaft do no have boots anymore.

 

Could be salt corrosion?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tug said:

 

Could be salt corrosion?

that is plausible, I run my cars also over the wet sand, and when I clean them I only brush of the sand, salt dries out rubber,  but I never had a problem with tires and run most of the time on the beach,  but this could be the case with those rubber boots.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, No brains said:

I clean them every run, maybe the boots do not like  sand, I only drive the car  on the beach, the driveshaft  are fine but the boots have cracks in it and it looks like the rubber is dried out a bit, so I have to rebuild them or buy other driveshafs.

 

Or maybe I remove the boots and make some clips or something to hold the pins in place, the new traxxas driveshaft do no have boots anymore.

Thats the reason then. Beaches kill RC cars

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Famous last words mate the world and his wife will point out its wrong :rofl:

But at least your putting an interior in it :good:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, windz1000r said:

Won a ftx ravine from hobby comps 

Quite happy about that see what this crawler lark is all about apparently there not half bad 

Congratulations 👏 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, windz1000r said:

Won a ftx ravine from hobby comps 

Quite happy about that see what this crawler lark is all about apparently there not half bad 

 

congrats free stuff is always awesome, hope it crawls good and gets you into crawling as well 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

The assimilation has begun resistance is futile :rofl:

 

dont tempt me, if i wasnt so tired earlier i would of cut a alloy bar to size from the left overs of the dbx chassis and dremmeled, drilled it to reinforce the back ones, as there are convienent little hole's sticking out each side between the 2 back shocks which seem to be unused and the shell doesnt use em lol

 

0XWWkhW.jpg

 

 

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, windz1000r said:

Won a ftx ravine from hobby comps 

Quite happy about that see what this crawler lark is all about apparently there not half bad 

I won a set of Lipo charge bags from them a while ago! Personally I would have preferred an Xmaxx but considering I never win anything I’m pretty happy! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

 

congrats free stuff is always awesome, hope it crawls good and gets you into crawling as well 🙂

Yeah we've had a quick play this morning so now need to look at other crawlers and build a set haha 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, windz1000r said:

Yeah we've had a quick play this morning so now need to look at other crawlers and build a set haha 

It gets addictive mate  :insane:

I have 5 crawlers at moment 4x1/10 and 1x1/16 scale

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...