• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

17 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Dont tell anyone, but its a Killerbody prepainted/finished body, that why you need more offset on the wheels, it has better proportions than the Tamiya version 😬 

It is a really great looking body.  My roof spoiler lasted at least 10 minutes before I traction rolled and snapped it into 3 bits 😣

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MrCake said:

That looks amazing!  Is that the Tamiya Cosworth body?  Did it drop straight on without messing with the arches too much?

Cheers mate 🍻  it’s an L&L models body.

It’s a decent shell and a little thicker I thought than the Tamiya stuff but  doesn’t quite have the same level of detail especially in the decal department. 

Fits on the LC perfect no messing as long as you set the front arms to the shortest wheelbase setting and trim the bumper foam 👍🏻

• Like 1

Re greased the transmission and center diff on the LMT as the stuff that losi used oozed out of the casings with the warm weather.

P9IO48k.jpg

Will do the front and rear another day. 

I can also see it being up for sale towards the end of the week if not the week after and it's not because I don't like it, I just think I need a break from RC. Plus I want to get into another hobby as well as getting some other bits and pieces sorted, mainly try and get an oil and filter change done on the Navara.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tomr said:

Cheers mate 🍻  it’s an L&L models body.

It’s a decent shell and a little thicker I thought than the Tamiya stuff but  doesn’t quite have the same level of detail especially in the decal department. 

Fits on the LC perfect no messing as long as you set the front arms to the shortest wheelbase setting and trim the bumper foam 👍🏻

I only found out about L and L yesterday funnily enough an advert came up on Instagram. I noticed they do a 250 GTO, wonder what that looks like mounted?

https://landlmodels.co.uk/collections/ferrari/products/ferrari-gto-tamiya-tt01-tt02-190mm-257mm

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Took the Scorpion out again, definitely making a bad noise, but I can't pinpoint it. It's not the diff, not the spur, so could be the gearbox about to munch itself. Or it always made that noise and I've forgotten?

The Savvy was dusted off and saw some proper air, forgot just how good that thing is! Handles like a dream, jumps like a champ. I built a good truck, FROM THE GROUND UP! I've never done that before, eight long years ago. 

Didn't lose any body clips! Get me! Whoop!

Not loosening body clips is a myth isn't it 

• Haha 1

ESC swap on the Savvy. 

Not without its issues! The replacement ESC has a borked BEC, so last time it was used it had a Castle 10 Amp external BEC connected. Figured I'd test everything on this old ESC and its associated BEC before starting. Connected a battery to the ESC for a simple test fire and snap, crackle, pop! The Castle BEC lets go! Smoke out, dead as!

Anyway, had an external BEC on the Savvy already because the MGM ESC is an opto unit, no internal BEC. Swap complete, calibrated the ESC, test run tomorrow. 

Spare body clips at the ready. 

• Sad 1

Curious to hear how you get on with them.  I really love the look of the stock ones but never really worked out what they are designed for as they don't seem to have much grip on any surfaces.  Would love to try Mojave wheels to keep a similar look but they are really expensive compared to stock.