• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Thats rc car bashing mate sometimes you break em other times you dont :cheers:

😂😂 I don’t think I ever get through a bash without breaking something!

• Haha 2

Surprised the ftx broke the armma tho :insane:

Years ago when we did nitro my trophy truggy had a head on crash with sons kyosho dbx and the cloud of shrapnel from the dbx was immense , the trophy carried on and im sure it was thinking what was that lol :rofl:

Ok it was 1/8 v 1/10 tho

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Borked said:

@Redback how’re you finding the DR10? I’m interested in an RB10 which I think is the same platform. 

Its my only 2wd, i like it for speed runs and doing some pulls in parking lots, if you have some one to do it with or a gps its a good bit of fun, i like the data and tinkering with escs, so its a good simple platform, also durable nothing broken yet (touchwood) and its been flipping and rolled at high speed and is still fine so i would rate them highly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decided to change the 3° rear toe lockouts to the 0° ones that come with the LMT just to see how it changes the handling of it. Then removed the wheelie bar as I don't like the look of it plus the brace on it was starting to crack anyway. While I was at it I thought I'd just have a look over it which was a mistake as it's put me in a bad mood lol. First the amount of play in the rod ends is ridiculous, second the servo saver is about to strip or the actual servo is going to fail at some point and then I discovered that some of the plastic chassis braces are starting to crack. Now I wouldn't mind but I've only put 3 packs through it and yes while I have driven it a bit harder than I intended I definitely haven't gone mad with it.

Oh and to top of my bad mood I stubbed my toe pretty hard on a door frame 🤬😂

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Decided to change the 3° rear toe lockouts to the 0° ones that come with the LMT just to see how it changes the handling of it. Then removed the wheelie bar as I don't like the look of it plus the brace on it was starting to crack anyway. While I was at it I thought I'd just have a look over it which was a mistake as it's put me in a bad mood lol. First the amount of play in the rod ends is ridiculous, second the servo saver is about to strip or the actual servo is going to fail at some point and then I discovered that some of the plastic chassis braces are starting to crack. Now I wouldn't mind but I've only put 3 packs through it and yes while I have driven it a bit harder than I intended I definitely haven't gone mad with it.

Toes can hurt, send the truck back. Sounds like it's not fit for purpose, even an Ftx will last longer

• Like 2

Yup. I bash the living hell out of my FTX carnage and it mostly survives. I have to replace the odd bit here and there but when I break it it’s normally my fault rather than the car’s. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, supersavage said:

I wouldn't be happy either considering the cost of them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

Toes can hurt, send the truck back. Sounds like it's not fit for purpose, even an Ftx will last longer

I highly doubt they'd accept it back and some of these are issues are ones I was aware of though for how long it has been out I would've thought they might of fixed them by now. 

Edited by supersavage
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, supersavage said:

The servo saver is like that on all of them. The axle housings also crack if you look at them funny.  Such a great looking truck but so so so flawwed

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

The servo saver is like that on all of them. The axle housings also crack if you look at them funny.  Such a great looking truck but so so so flawwed

The servo saver yes however I disagree that the axle housings crack as easily as what is shown on YouTube. Yes they will break if you're pushing beyond what it's really designed for but if you drive it in a more "scale" manner they'll last a while (winter maybe an exception as such if I keep it long enough it won't be going out in the cold months). One other thing that I think catches a few people out is it is  quite weighty, probably similar or more than a Maxx. I certainly didn't think it would be as heavy as it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

Fitted the alloy steering bridge to the XV02 and made up the over tray

273-F8366-E083-4-AB8-8-CEF-9552-D451-D7-

98885-AE7-A364-4-B89-9-AE0-5747569-D1-C6

I’ll give the overtray a coat of black paint at some point 👍 

Nice! What body are you putting on it?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jonmurgie said:

What I DID do to my model today was take it out for the first time 😆 what I DIDN'T do to my model today was check the wheel nuts were tight out of the box 🙈

1180D98A-2DDF-43D3-B37D-00CE8BDAEEA7.jpeg.a89883b5aad838e005197ef86d5412a6.thumb.jpeg.6ff357133396fc781208c120737adc4c.jpeg

Lessons were learnt today 🤓

How are the hexes in the wheels looking? I hope you haven’t round them! 😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonmurgie said:

What I DID do to my model today was take it out for the first time 😆 what I DIDN'T do to my model today was check the wheel nuts were tight out of the box 🙈

1180D98A-2DDF-43D3-B37D-00CE8BDAEEA7.jpeg.a89883b5aad838e005197ef86d5412a6.thumb.jpeg.6ff357133396fc781208c120737adc4c.jpeg

Lessons were learnt today 🤓

Check the pinion too, those grub screws seem to always be slack from the box.