• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

8 minutes ago, tomr said:

Looking good mate 👍🏻 
What’s ya thoughts on it so far? 
Im undecided on this or the LC Racing 

I really like it, goes together great and has some nice touches like the dirt cover and alloy parts etc, the price of the kit is a bit much though, but when you consider it’s pretty much a new design I can see why. The LC to me is just another rehash of a 10 year old 1/14 buggy 👍 

• Like 1

Discovered that my LMT Grave Digger body must have been subjected to some rough handling either from assembly or through shipping ☹️

ffN5lcy.jpg

KUNWBt2.jpg

Those are little spider cracks.

And then there's this 

X8Z7cyy.jpeg

There's a couple of the mounting holes stretched like this.

I was hoping to sell the body but I don't think it's worth it nor is it really worth sending the body back so I'll just use it.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, supersavage said:

Discovered that my LMT Grave Digger body must have been subjected to some rough handling either from assembly or through shipping ☹️

ffN5lcy.jpg

KUNWBt2.jpg

Those are little spider cracks.

And then there's this 

X8Z7cyy.jpeg

There's a couple of the mounting holes stretched like this.

I was hoping to sell the body but I don't think it's worth it nor is it really worth sending the body back so I'll just use it.

Horizon for you.

• Like 1

@.AJ. Did you apply heat beforehand or can they be moulded enough to get that smooth finish once in the diff?

9 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

They are like a putty, really easy to work with and not sticky at all 👍 

Awesome, thanks!

• Like 1

Went out for a bash with my mate this evening. 

He brought along an Arrma Big Rock 3s and a little WL toys 3s 1:14 buggy. I brought my brushless Carnage which is currently only RWD as a bearing in the front diff shat itself at the weekend and dumped a load of tiny BBs into the diff housing 🙄 You can imagine what that does to the diff spur gear. 

I’ve never had a go with an Arrma before. In my head it was going to be so much better than my Carnage, mainly thanks to all the fanboys on YouTube, but it really wasn’t. It was fast as **** but it felt heavy to drive and traction rolled constantly. 

The Carnage on the other hand was awesome on 2s RWD. It felt light and was really predictable in the air. Kinda floaty. Was really nice to drive. It wasn’t as fast as on 4WD, but was possibly more fun! I think it was actually better on 2s than 3s!

Either way, had a great time catching up with a mate I don’t see too often. And I ran a 2s and 3s through the Carnage without breaking anything!

The WL toys buggy was wicked too! So much more precise than anything I’ve driven before. Not very strong though. I drove it for 10 mins or so, then my mate took over. He broke the steering arm off the hub within seconds 😂😂

It definitely makes me want a buggy. So much fun. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Have a look at the hyper VSe its 1/8 but quite tough 

They look good! 1:8 is a bit bigger than I'm after, but it's certainly an interesting option!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, windz1000r said:

Went out for a play popped a tyer on the xt2 

Destroyed the shell on the carnage 

The ravine and tracer and mt10 where all unharmed 

And went though this many battery's 

So went to the model shop and watched my kids dragg each other around the floor 

PXL_20220727_181554428~2.jpg

PXL_20220727_152438586.jpg

Sweet photo! Let em play. 

Ours were never allowed in shopping trolleys because that's for food. However, the Costco trolleys have that lower shelf, they've ridden that when they were smaller, they found it hilarious. 

19 minutes ago, Tug said:

Sweet photo! Let em play. 

Ours were never allowed in shopping trolleys because that's for food. However, the Costco trolleys have that lower shelf, they've ridden that when they were smaller, they found it hilarious. 

Yup we are firm believers of letting kids be kids 

• Like 1