• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

44 minutes ago, windz1000r said:

Finished building it 

So wheels from my mtqp went on as had them to hand 

Hobbywing 120amp esc 

Speed passion competition mmm 4.5r brushless motor

25tooth pinion 

I wish I had a gps as on 2s it's stupid fast 

Grip there is none 

Rolling burnouts yes 

Faster than the mt10 on 3s 

This is running 2s 

Quarter throttle it's stupid 

PXL_20220714_191549972.jpg

PXL_20220714_123542881.jpg

PXL_20220714_123534194.jpg

PXL_20220714_123527842.jpg

My mates got one of these with a 10.5t and its ridiculous. He races it, it just disappears down the straight

1 minute ago, Kpowell911 said:

My mates got one of these with a 10.5t and its ridiculous. He races it, it just disappears down the straight

The plan is to race this one tbh 199quid for the kit can't go wrong down from 430 

Modal shop didn't have any 10.5t in cos that's what I was planning on using 

But 20quid for the 4.5t so I thought why not what's the worst that can happen 

5 minutes ago, windz1000r said:

The plan is to race this one tbh 199quid for the kit can't go wrong down from 430 

Modal shop didn't have any 10.5t in cos that's what I was planning on using 

But 20quid for the 4.5t so I thought why not what's the worst that can happen 

Where did you get this for £199?

Tested the repaired DBXL, it's fixed! Perfection!................... except the new clicking sound. 

Tracked it down with relative ease. Front centre shaft has a pin through the end, that's come loose and started to slide out. The clicking noise is the pin striking the front brake caliper. An easy fix........ for tomorrow. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Where did you get this for £199?

Local.shop I know a another one that has them at the same price aswell I think Dave said he has 3 or 4 left 

Rd models chesterfield for some reason it won't let me post the link 

https://rdmodels.co.uk/products/xray-xt2c21-2wd-1-10-electric-stadium-truck-carpet-edition-xr320204

• Like 1

Fixed the clicking on the DBXL. 

So far, this truck is a pleasure to work on. Diff removal is a doddle, that applies to all three.

Not much else to say. 

• Like 3

Did a bit more work on servicing and cleaning the trx4 Merc chop, plus some upgrades/update parts.

IMG_20220714_192156271.thumb.jpg.a40790c3d30cf9c11c2b328219ce5d71.jpg

• Like 3

Locked the front diff on the yeti, with a ftx locker, ftx housing and axial hd ring and pinion, just fits in the intergy alloy diff case this is good news for ftx 1/10 speed running, you can use axial diff hardware!

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2

I'd like to put the low center of gravity chassis on it. Does anyone know how many other parts I'll have to change besides the chassis? I can look it up but I'm always open to suggestions 🤓! Only going to replace what I have to. Still plan to make the UDR project the main build but it's nice to have the old Slash to play with in the mean time. Only took me a few months to remember I have it 😆 and I remembered I was going to put a LCG chassis on it 

10 minutes ago, Redback said:

Locked the front diff on the yeti, with a ftx locker, ftx housing and axial hd ring and pinion. this is good news for ftx 1/10 speed running, you can use axial diff hardware!

Wow that's a fast reply 🤓! Great suggestions. I have to break it down and see what it has in it. I can't remember 😆. I want to make it a budget build cause I want to build my UDR! This one has the motor Upgrades and a few aluminium parts but I don't remember what I did to the drivetrain. I'm not good at budget builds so I'm open for budget suggestions 🤓. I'll take it apart and see what I did. Sounds like you know what you're doing so I'll definitely appreciate your advice!

Edited by MiddlofMoRon

1 minute ago, MiddlofMoRon said:

I'd like to put the low center of gravity chassis on it. Does anyone know how many other parts I'll have to change besides the chassis? I can look it up but I'm always open to suggestions 🤓! Only going to replace what I have to. Still plan to make the UDR project the main build but it's nice to have the old Slash to play with in the mean time. Only took me a few months to remember I have it 😆 and I remembered I was going to put a LCG chassis on it 

Wow that's a fast reply 🤓! Great suggestions. I have to break it down and see what it has in it. I can't remember 😆. I want to make it a budget build cause I want to build my UDR! This one has the motor Upgrades and a few aluminium parts but I don't remember what I did to the drivetrain. I'm not good at budget builds so I'm open for budget suggestions 🤓. I'll take it apart and see what I did.

Hmmm not sure if bot? 🤔 @Nick @.AJ.