• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

3 hours ago, Ant.p said:

This is legendary! Who needs a bedside table with underwear and pj’s in anyway. Fantastic idea. I’ll let you know how I get on explaining my new Rc storage solution to the mrs…

Haha well I did have a full man cave in the spare room until the baby came along and it got turned into a nursery 😭

So this is the compromise with a few models put and the rest in storage 

Need to raise the car shelf so the draws can fit underneath better as only recently got bigger stacker draws to keep things tidy 💪

• Like 3

My mind instantly went to the national lampoon's station wagon when I saw that lol.

With the price of wrap on ebay I might even try it 🤣

• Like 2

Dang it!

2022-07-08_05-54-51

In other news, I took the X2 and the Dibby out. X2 was absolutely fine, no issues other than needing the punch turning up. 

The DBXL-E has had a rear diff failure. Looks like a bearing has failed and melted the housing. Or the bearing is fine and the plastic housing has just failed. 

Note to self; don't touch largescale drive shafts, they get bonkers hot, as the pad of my middle finger is currently telling me. Nay, screaming at me. 

2022-07-08_07-15-35

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

18 hours ago, Tug said:

Dang it!

2022-07-08_05-54-51

In other news, I took the X2 and the Dibby out. X2 was absolutely fine, no issues other than needing the punch turning up. 

The DBXL-E has had a rear diff failure. Looks like a bearing has failed and melted the housing. Or the bearing is fine and the plastic housing has just failed. 

Note to self; don't touch largescale drive shafts, they get bonkers hot, as the pad of my middle finger is currently telling me. Nay, screaming at me. 

2022-07-08_07-15-35

It was a bearing failure, no spares in any of my boxes, so I've ordered some. I'm hoping the gears have survived, there's clear damage, but nothing that looks terminal. 

Also forgot to mention that the fan on the X2 motor seemed to work well, it didn't record anything higher than 60C, and it was scorching weather yesterday. The sensor is in a different location because of the fan, so next run I'll switch the fans off and see what temps are recorded. 

On the X2;

Motor fans were so loud I couldn't hear the cell count beeps when turning the car on (something I always like to check). So I've now connected them through the original on-off switch from when the car was two-stroke. 

Fitted a hobbywing max 10 ESC and 5400kv motor with 20t pinion and 49t spur into my ftx carnage, should definitely see over 45mph now and if the online calculator is correct I could possibly see 89/91mph 

• Like 2

On 08/07/2022 at 19:17, Tug said:

Dang it!

2022-07-08_05-54-51

2022-07-08_07-15-35

Proper burn, it's blistered up. 

2022-07-11_02-01-41

• Sad 1

So building another car.  Because why not ha.  I find my post scale gearbox has died. One give had given up and done some serious damage.   One pile of gears.  Shafts. And bits later.  I decided to use them for something. After a lot of messing around I have this.  More then likely a once only ever item.  A gearbox for one of my rock crawlers.  Once I get the set up right I will get a set of carbon plates done.  Might work might be utter **** and a waste of time.  But it's all fun

This is super early doors kind of idea I'm thinking. 

PXL_20220711_181720301.jpg

• Like 2

Changed a Dean's connection as one was temperamental . 

Glued and put on new wheels and tyres as rounded out another one 

Performed a test crash 

This indestructible mt10 I must break mine more than anyone else in the world lol 

And looked at some kits as really want to build something just not sure what 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, windz1000r said:

Painted my shell 

Be kind this is my 1st ever go at painting a shell haha 

I love how its come out 

received_819441329039815.jpeg

received_4966622816782370.jpeg

received_1500551733720844.jpeg

received_3170195176563720.jpeg

received_1399700350538856.jpeg

received_509430014272805.jpeg

Thats better than anything Ive ever done and Ive been painting shells for over 20 years…..

• Like 1