• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Just now, Yrkoon said:

dang bud what model was it?

Element Enduro.  Stopped steering and servo was too hot to touch. Luckily I have a spare servo but it was bloody annoying.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

Carried it a mile and a half up a hill.
Fried the servo after 15 mins.

Carried it home again.

Ouch mate and yep dammed annoying 🙄 

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 23:54, Fat Freddy said:

Element Enduro.  Stopped steering and servo was too hot to touch. Luckily I have a spare servo but it was bloody annoying.

dang, yeh i bet it was super annoying, your not alone with a servo screwing up i went and spent loads on a high voltage nearly 40kg servo for my kronos and on about the second cartwheel i had buggered it, turns out my servo saver was a bit tight loosened the servo saver and put in a old savox 25kg i think and its not skipped a beat lol

i replaced some gears in the nearly 40kg servo from other knackered servos and its in my tamiya dt-03 at the moment lol

edit: think it was one of these or similar https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/etronix-323kg-010s-standard-digital-high-voltage-servo-metal-gear-433046

dunno where im getting 40kg from im drunk lol

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Thanks 1

‘What did your model do to you today’ (was actually Friday)

Mojave + a beer + a total Rc novice friend + my leg in the way = ouch 🤕 

20EC1977-DDC2-45B6-858A-9178A4896949.thumb.jpeg.c150d9318d90abe7ad27de4b6c006b3d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

On 05/06/2022 at 01:21, Yrkoon said:

dang, yeh i bet it was super annoying, your not alone with a servo screwing up i went and spent loads on a high voltage nearly 40kg servo for my kronos and on about the second cartwheel i had buggered it, turns out my servo saver was a bit tight loosened the servo saver and put in a old savox 25kg i think and its not skipped a beat lol

i replaced some gears in the nearly 40kg servo from other knackered servos and its in my tamiya dt-03 at the moment lol

edit: think it was one of these or similar https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/etronix-323kg-010s-standard-digital-high-voltage-servo-metal-gear-433046

dunno where im getting 40kg from im pished lol

I temporarily put in an old  Savox too. Only 21kg, and annoyingly noisy, but reliable.

So it wasn’t a problem with the Servo itself, just the servo saver? Only asking as I was considering buying that same servo to replace the burnt out one.

image.thumb.jpg.139aa93befc316da6fc5921101e5439d.jpg

• Like 2

On 06/06/2022 at 09:48, Fat Freddy said:

I temporarily put in an old  Savox too. Only 21kg, and annoyingly noisy, but reliable.

So it wasn’t a problem with the Servo itself, just the servo saver? Only asking as I was considering buying that same servo to replace the burnt out one.

image.thumb.jpg.139aa93befc316da6fc5921101e5439d.jpg

no idea bud, my kronos stripped the gears on a servo while cartwheeling about at high speed with its massive tyres, if my servo saver wasnt too tight the servo wouldnt of stripped the gears and done its job, i honestly have no idea about your model and servo bud 😞

i was doing this when i broke the servo lol

when i first got the kronos i was running it out side my house on grass and knackered its original servo with a cartwheel, corally replaced it hassle free but i didnt want to wait and their replacement servo is in my hobao dc1 crawler, i slackened off the servo saver in the kronos a lot but it wasnt enough, the savox is handling it after more slacking off lol

my first cartwheel on a nitro hyper 7 black broke a servo too, still running a spectrum one on my hyper 7 that i replaced original one with and still running it after converting it to leccy 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Finally finnished the Tamiya Wild 1 build and just have the driver to paint

xlK85jl.jpg

geMGidI.jpg

Ran it on road outside garden and was very twitchy and spinning out a lot

Yrkoon gave me some 12mm hex adapters and softer compound tyres  which helped

It really runs well on grass tho and was a wheely machine lol 

lr0vek1.jpg

That looks way to nice to be a Tamiya, i like that

• Like 1