• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

16 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Hmm Ive ran XO-1 shafts on a few 4x4 Models over the years and never had an issue with them cracking? Do you clean the truck after every run?

I clean them every run, maybe the boots do not like  sand, I only drive the car  on the beach, the driveshaft  are fine but the boots have cracks in it and it looks like the rubber is dried out a bit, so I have to rebuild them or buy other driveshafs.

Or maybe I remove the boots and make some clips or something to hold the pins in place, the new traxxas driveshaft do no have boots anymore.

Edited by No brains
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, No brains said:

I clean them every run, maybe the boots do not like  sand, I only drive the car  on the beach, the driveshaft  are fine but the boots have cracks in it and it looks like the rubber is dried out a bit, so I have to rebuild them or buy other driveshafs.

Or maybe I remove the boots and make some clips or something to hold the pins in place, the new traxxas driveshaft do no have boots anymore.

Could be salt corrosion?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tug said:

Could be salt corrosion?

that is plausible, I run my cars also over the wet sand, and when I clean them I only brush of the sand, salt dries out rubber,  but I never had a problem with tires and run most of the time on the beach,  but this could be the case with those rubber boots.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, No brains said:

Thats the reason then. Beaches kill RC cars

41 minutes ago, windz1000r said:

Won a ftx ravine from hobby comps 

Quite happy about that see what this crawler lark is all about apparently there not half bad 

Congratulations 👏 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, windz1000r said:

Quite happy about that see what this crawler lark is all about apparently there not half bad 

congrats free stuff is always awesome, hope it crawls good and gets you into crawling as well 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

The assimilation has begun resistance is futile :rofl:

dont tempt me, if i wasnt so tired earlier i would of cut a alloy bar to size from the left overs of the dbx chassis and dremmeled, drilled it to reinforce the back ones, as there are convienent little hole's sticking out each side between the 2 back shocks which seem to be unused and the shell doesnt use em lol

0XWWkhW.jpg

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, windz1000r said:

I won a set of Lipo charge bags from them a while ago! Personally I would have preferred an Xmaxx but considering I never win anything I’m pretty happy! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

congrats free stuff is always awesome, hope it crawls good and gets you into crawling as well 🙂

Yeah we've had a quick play this morning so now need to look at other crawlers and build a set haha 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, windz1000r said:

Yeah we've had a quick play this morning so now need to look at other crawlers and build a set haha 

It gets addictive mate  :insane:

I have 5 crawlers at moment 4x1/10 and 1x1/16 scale

• Like 1
  • Haha 1