• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Got some +4mm drive shafts fitted today, then got them unfitted too. All is well in a straight line but on full lock something on the front shafts are catching and its internal where the dog bones connect.  They allowed me to fit my brass steering hubs with the brass wheel weights and still secure the wheels, so they're off too unfortunately.

I have noticed the standard shafts have a small chamfer at the end of the slots where the cheapo ones i have do not. The slot itself may also be a fraction wider on the standards ones but the fit is smooth. I'll match the shaft drive ends at work on monday but until then they're off. 

shaft1.jpg

shaft2.jpg

• Sad 3

On 15/04/2022 at 19:16, Shergar said:

Took the crawler out for half hour and cheered myself up - it even has the same KO radio -  at least that one works 🤣 

So maybe the radio wasn’t  sulking! MFC truck esc has a break….. somebody with far better soldering skills is curing this for me! No idea how I done it (maybe previous owner damaged) clean break right at board…..

632DDC76-A681-4C13-9B62-48DB906834DF.thumb.jpeg.5a39e6b68aa64294889acf0bd865fc52.jpeg

Edited by Shergar
  • Like 2

Thats an amazing collection , and a dedicated storage place as well! 

I'm relegated to a cupboard in the utility room where everything only just fits. No idea where this next wltoys buggy is going but thats a problem for another day.

Gonna show the Mrs those pics, let her know my intentions for the future. 

Loving the shed there 👍 Far more skilled fingers than me have soldered the MFC-03 up and we’re cooking with gas now all working wonderfully.

Did I mention how good that shed space is 😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shergar said:

So maybe the radio wasn’t  sulking! MFC truck esc has a break….. somebody with far better soldering skills is curing this for me! No idea how I done it (maybe previous owner damaged) clean break right at board…..

632DDC76-A681-4C13-9B62-48DB906834DF.thumb.jpeg.5a39e6b68aa64294889acf0bd865fc52.jpeg

Looks like poor solder job to me 😞

• Like 1