• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

24 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

Looks good dude. The r1 once set up right is a brilliant car. 

Cheers buddy 👍🏻 This was its first run with a longer wheelbase, HC rear links and the battery on the front axle, what a difference it’s made.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

It definitely does. Once set up right it makes a fantastic car. I had one and it eventually became this after a 2 year trip of upgrades and mods to it. 

IMG_20220219_150523.jpg

That looks fantastic! I’d love to get mine to somewhere near that

Went to check out a good spot in Kenilworth, massive hills and climbs should be pretty decent in the summer. Forgot to get the camera out.
Before hand in preperation i rebuilt the trx4 transmission a 2nd time, as was running a bit noisy after the first rebuild then remembered id lost a shim when dissembling it, so replaced the missing shim and the worn ones.
Smooth as butter and quiet as a mouse now, just like new! Also topped up the shocks and pulled out the dead locking servo.
Then the lads outlaw was cutting out constantly last weekend as if it was hitting the lvc lipo cuttoff, discovered the fan on the max10 esc had burntout so it was thermal cut off, replaced the fan, good to go again!
The losi has been getting some more use, she jumps so nicely but now the tires are lined with cracks few more runs and i think it will shred the tires to the rims.
Weather is so good, urge to crawl strong, must resist!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomr said:

That looks fantastic! I’d love to get mine to somewhere near that

Not to hard. But it's not cheap. I'm planning to get my chassis available to buy as a kit at some point this year. Needs testing first to make sure it's all right. 

Pm me if you want some help in building something like this. Happy to help 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

Not to hard. But it's not cheap. I'm planning to get my chassis available to buy as a kit at some point this year. Needs testing first to make sure it's all right. 

Pm me if you want some help in building something like this. Happy to help 

Thanks you Very much 👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trunkle said:

Finally got round to fitting the new Injora high clearance links and steel driveshafts to my scx24. I also fitted some cheap but nice looking shocks but as they are almost completely ineffective, they're back off again.

I have a new motor and anodised mounting plate and gearbox cover ready to fit, but as these are so annoyingly fiddly to work on I end up doing one thing and calling it a day. 

Also have some brass steering knuckles ready to go on but I need to find some extended stub shafts before they're gonna work with my wheel weights. Then i'll have to do the rears at the same time or its gonna look funny, the list is ever growing...

scx24links.jpg

Looking smart mate 👍🏻

• Like 2