• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

2 hours ago, MrCake said:

Not sure if this will work but attempting a bodge fix on a broken centre shaft.  Pin doesn't go all the way through but hopefully with some epoxy I will have enough torsional strength!  Replacement is £10.99 but thought I would try this approach first. 

20220115_113938.jpg

Gaff tape would have fixed that no problems! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Charged some lipos with my new charger, was going to make/buy a new psu, but couldnt be arsed and bought a little Sky RC 6a AC charger for £35 🤣🤣🤣

D8873-DCC-9-AAE-4-DDD-85-C2-A9-FE51751-F

I think that's the one I've got... bought the optional temp sensor strap too for piece of mind.

Cracking for the money (lipo newb)

Edited by mch87
  • Like 1

Fixed a screw hole on the bottom of my micro truck chassis as is wasn't countersunk enough for the screw to be flush when tight. Also removed the lights from my scx24 as one stopped working, fault traced to dodgy led. Removed both as I have no spares at home or work (typing this at work) and a replacement is 11 quid and comes with a whole front bumper. Oh, moved that in a bit too as I noticed other holes on the mounting posts. Got paid for all of it too. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, MrCake said:

Not sure if this will work but attempting a bodge fix on a broken centre shaft.  Pin doesn't go all the way through but hopefully with some epoxy I will have enough torsional strength!  Replacement is £10.99 but thought I would try this approach first. 

20220115_113938.jpg

Tested the bodge fix early in a supermarket carpark and it survived 1 x pack so that is good enough for me!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Converted the Losi Mini T to brushless courtesy of @Bert_w164

9uPJhHZ.jpg

https://youtu.be/fdzeZ-6i_-M

Its a little wheely monster now lol

35a esc with a 6100 kv motor 

T bone front bumper and wheely bar ordered lol :rofl:

yay and a big thanks to @Bert_w164 for the esc 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, babylon said:

Please, Pray tell.

Throttle servo seemed like it was dying out of the box, possible issues with the 2 speed gearbox, what seemed like mismatched hardware between metric and imperial or just poor quality as my drivers in either size didn't fit the hex properly, possible slipping clutch or slipper pads, stripped screw holes from the factory. I could go on but I can't be bothered 😅  

Edited by supersavage
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, supersavage said:

Honestly I would've rather taken my chances on a used savage at this point 😂😭

I get the impression that whoever took on HPI are  just trying to claw back as much money as they can with as little investment as possible.

How you muck up the Savage re-release I will never know,That takes some doing, Knocking a couple hundred quid of the price would help,£650 is just silly,Even in these times of silly pricing that is extra silly.

Edited by babylon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, babylon said:

I get the impression that whoever took on HPI are  just trying to claw back as much money as they can with as little investment as possible.

How you muck up the Savage re-release I will never know,That takes some doing, Knocking a couple hundred quid of the price would help,£650 is just silly,Even it these times of silly pricing that is extra silly.

This is exactly the impression that I got when I pulled it out of the box but I thought I'd give it a chance, should've probably just straight back. I would honestly advise people to stay away from the savage or anything HPI until they drop their prices or until they improve the quality of their products to reflect their prices.

• Like 1