• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

21 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

bet she runs like a rocket Yrkoon watch ya ankles brother haha  🤘

yeh nearly hit my self with it on the test run lol

edit; its a right wee ankle biter now 😛

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Haha 1

@Yrkoon- I've got a Hobbywing 35a ESC out my Mini 8 that has your name on it. Its currently running the same sized motor, though I'm going to fit a 120a HW sensored ESC to the Mini 8, so the trusty 35a is surplus to requirements. 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

@Yrkoon- I've got a Hobbywing 35a ESC out my Mini 8 that has your name on it. Its currently running the same sized motor, though I'm going to fit a 120a HW sensored ESC to the Mini 8, so the trusty 35a is surplus to requirements. 

Wow that would be awesome bud 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

Wow that would be awesome bud 🙂

Zooming into the pic of the losi capacitor, is that stuff on it coming out the top of the cap, or is it just random dirt on it? 

Wondering if what you can smell might be a popped capacitor...

Last night I fitted a Surpass Hobby 3660 3500kv motor into my Maulage (Carnage chassis/Mauler body) and replaced the stripped placcy spur with a nice new steel one. Hopefully the new can will provide a bit more ooomph than the 3650 3100kv that was fitted, and the spur will allow me to use up more than one pack. Also ordered a new pair of CVDs as the front left is so bent it's almost hitting the wishbone!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bert_w164 said:

Zooming into the pic of the losi capacitor, is that stuff on it coming out the top of the cap, or is it just random dirt on it? 

Wondering if what you can smell might be a popped capacitor...

Random dirt m8 🙂

2 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

Cut my first titanium link. 

My chassis is being finished off with a mate. He is doing the cad program work for me. Then he is going do a 3d print of it for me to finish checking it. Then it's time to get it cut out of carbon. 

And my hubs arrived from China. So that was a plus

IMG_20211119_163720.jpg

How did you thread / die the rod, was it pre milled with thread or you got some magic taps?

Edited by Redback

17 minutes ago, Redback said:

How did you thread / die the rod, was it pre milled with thread or you got some magic taps?

Brand new draper split die. 3mm rod. So no need to get the lathe out. Going to use 4mm rod for the lower links. It's on a comp rig. So super light build. On a general rock crawler I'd do 4mm steel for upper and lower. 

I'm going to once I can get a few new tools for my lathe  see if I can make some nicer ones. This is my first attempt at cutting threads in about 15 ish years. Used to make dh bike parts. And mod  trials stuff.  Trying to get back into making parts and stuff. Miss it so much. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Rc’s use quarter wave antenna which means they require 1/4 of the wavelength of the frequency being used. Basically, the length of wire exposed at the end of the aerial is important!

to work out how much outer insulation and mesh to remove the calculation is as follows:

Wavelength = 300 2.4 (frequency) = 125

because it’s a quarter wavelength you then devide that by 4 to give you 31.25

this means you should have 31.25mm of inner wire exposed on the end of your aerial coming from your receiver. The yellow outer core in the photo below is just the tube! Sorry if I’m repeating what’s already been said.

image.jpg

From memory... I think technically the 31.25mm at the end is the aerial. 

It is possible to recut the wire to make a broken transmitter or receiver work again. I have done it twice , batting 2 for 2. Measure accurately and remove the outer mesh, making sure not to cut the inner core. It's like magic... 🙂

• Like 3