• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, Bert_w164 said:

@Ant.p the scooby looks nice mate, most of the shells get battered up anyway, sometimes I wonder why I bother to sand and re-coat mine only to get scuffed up the next time I use the RC car...

Thanks mate. I know what you mean, but these road cars aren’t exactly going to be sent ‘to the moon’ so the shells will get little in the way of abuse. It just bugs me that it’s missing little things that Tamiya do well like wing mirrors and more definition (being picky I know) and the wing is just awful. It will do for now!

I think it’s great that you give new life to your models and shells. If you didn’t bother, they’d likely be discarded.

15 hours ago, Ant.p said:

What to do with a beaten up touring body? I give you; the notorious supra edition:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not being pedantic (totally am) but isn't that a Nissan R35 GTR?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JupiterTwo said:

Sure - Tamiya PS-37, followed by PS-63, then with  PS-5

Thanks!

That was a combo I found elsewhere that looks great - sadly Brexit Islands seems to be all out of PS-5, I am always reluctant with paints to mix brands would prefer the Tamiya black over Core RC etc if I can find some!

44 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Not being pedantic (totally am) but isn't that a Nissan R35 GTR?

😳 oops, yeah could well be? Not sure how I came to the conclusion it is a supra? I acquired it and clearly have limited car knowledge. Thanks for the heads up! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whitecitadel said:

Thanks!

That was a combo I found elsewhere that looks great - sadly Brexit Islands seems to be all out of PS-5, I am always reluctant with paints to mix brands would prefer the Tamiya black over Core RC etc if I can find some!

Yeah, I’m on my last can. I’ve a bunch ordered from Modelsport, have to wait to see if they have enough in next week to fulfil it. 

7 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

All done. 

Just need to charge up the new battery packs and head out for a spin. 

90FE7DA1-7337-4473-A63F-2033DE0CEF10.thumb.jpeg.0aaf713754184557b0dd1317264a3670.jpeg

9C4C3C18-5D74-40B1-8FC8-52C743A47C86.thumb.jpeg.628807fdeb3866c8319886e035f8dfd6.jpeg

I still haven’t decided if it’s going to get any stickers but figure I can always do that later on if needed. Might try and stick the headlight and radiator grille ones on to start. 

Nice work. Doesn’t ‘need’ stickers, has a good clean look as is 👍🏻

Edited by Ant.p
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

It was probably already worn and 6s just put it over the edge 

Most likely, it's not my 8ight btw, that has freshly built diffs all round 🥰 I may have added another two RC cars to the fleet over the last few days 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

I broke it with 6S 😁 

Okay that's unfair, inspecting it, it seems the wrong gear was used as it's 15T as opposed to 16T as per the losi manual. Given the age (10+ years old) and then a sudden blast of 4S and then 6S I'm not surprised. 

Learnt a lot by stripping it down. Can't wait to get this running again.

IMG-20210805-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.20ee4782051d5f570c8432cc8f38f55a.jpegIMG-20210805-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.4b08212ef4c5c1d57b821dbb7a47c9c2.jpeg

Was it all you’d hoped for before it broke? Fingers crossed you can get the parts to fix it before 21st!

• Like 1

Just now, Stormbringer said:

oohhh you bad boy you lol :rofl:

whats the boss saying about that ?

Pfft, this is her doing, buy a MT she said. Buy a cute truck she said, we have both now. 

I was supposed to be downsizing the fleet so I can focus on big 8 and her Hyper 7. On the subject of her Hyper, it's running lovely with TQ shocks all round, geometry done properly etc. It's definitely closed the huge gap I experienced between the 8ight and H7. There's still a gap with that said, but it's amazing how versatile these Hypers are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ant.p said:

Was it all you’d hoped for before it broke? Fingers crossed you can get the parts to fix it before 21st!

I'm being a tight wad, I refuse to pay £39 for three gears from the US. So going to wait it out for a deal...A poverty version of Eleanor might be ready for the 21st instead 😉 and mini 8 should have a new mount arrive any day now...I got annoyed with a damaged screw head and brute forced it and broke the mount 😬

• Sad 1