• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

10 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Too thick?   I’ve not used this product and have indeed only painted one rc shell before myself, but it looks like too much varnish in one hit from when I’ve sprayed wood in other scenarios. 

I suspect this may be the case as the bits of the body that haven't had quite so much of the paint on are looking a lot better than the areas that have probably picked up the most paint.

Is there anything that I can use to try and take this finish off or is it this shell going to be one to write off as a learning experience?

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

If only you’d sprayed it over the protective film 🤪😂🤣

I've just tried a bit of white spirit on the shell to see if this would take the clear coat off and it did  but only on the overspray film that was left on to mask the windows. 🤦‍♂️

It seems like the rest of it is stuck good and solid on the body so probably isn't going anywhere any time soon. Think I'll just have to chalk this one up to experience and either practice more or skip the matt clear coat on the next one.

31 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

I've just tried a bit of white spirit on the shell to see if this would take the clear coat off and it did  but only on the overspray film that was left on to mask the windows. 🤦‍♂️

It seems like the rest of it is stuck good and solid on the body so probably isn't going anywhere any time soon. Think I'll just have to chalk this one up to experience and either practice more or skip the matt clear coat on the next one.

I’m not going to claim to have ever done this, but if you have the trimmings still from when you cut the body you could practice on them. 

If there’s any nail varnish remover in your household it usually has acetone in it, I’d try that over white spirit

I found a big bottle of acetone I’d forgotten about in the shed. It looks like it is taking it off but it’s going to be quite a bit of effort to get it done.

Starting to think I’d rather pay for another shell than try and clean this one up but I’ve started now so will probably see it through. 

• Like 2

Well went out with my outzorro   and it now does wheelys   which iv scuffed the back of my brand new body shell .  Mmmmm also I  I found a use for some spares I had  off my outlaw . I cut them and added them to the roof of the zorro body shell and now I have roof protectors/sliders  

Can anyone tell me what  !!! Spare part I used to make these !!!   

It's off ftx outlaw .    

8 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Well went out with my outzorro   and it now does wheelys   which iv scuffed the back of my brand new body shell .  Mmmmm also I  I found a use for some spares I had  off my outlaw . I cut them and added them to the roof of the zorro body shell and now I have roof protectors/sliders  

Can anyone tell me what  !!! Spare part I used to make these !!!   

It's off ftx outlaw .    

The rear trailing arms make good roof bars, i would have put them the other way as these will catch on hard corners and likely tear off, having them on the side like roof racks will allow it to slide more, great idea either way.

Realised it can only run on hopes and dreams now. So many thoughts going through my head on whether to rebuild, keep, sell, store etc. 

6S Hyper 7 has been temporarily retired. 

IMG_20210707_135956.thumb.jpg.af7a13aa39f4f93d6a1a106e38732248.jpg

• Sad 4

9 hours ago, Redback said:

The rear trailing arms make good roof bars, i would have put them the other way as these will catch on hard corners and likely tear off, having them on the side like roof racks will allow it to slide more, great idea either way.

Hi .I did think that  but as the car always (for me ) tips side ways than it the way the roof rolls  if had them like roof bars then they would not roll like on rails when the cars on the roof . So the bars are facing the way the car rolls . 

If I went bonnet to boot then having then like roof bars would do the same thing  

Cheers 

33 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Why?

5G towers plus a bit of strengthening - I figure the tape in some way helps. And if it doesn't, 5g towers. 

Ps @Hell horn.I made it fit, it sits inside the side guards instead of sitting outside it...but I prefer that as it seems like it's easier to come across side guards than it is finding Losi E shells. 

Other than that some careful cable management was all that was required. 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

Good good then. Time to get it going then.. Y old 8ight custom built car did around 100mph. I want to see yours doing the same lol. 

@Luvell RC says no, I'm not allowed to run 6S or put silly thick oils in the diffs 😂

In all seriousness, he spent a good 8+ hours round mine on the weekend building it. It's setup real nice and I do have some plans for it 😁😉

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Del69 said:

Fitted front roll bar to Hyper 7 today. Not sure if it will make any difference. Hopefully get it out in the next couple of days. 

My wife's Hyper 7 was missing them, adding them seems to have made things a bit less sloppy/stiffer 👍🏽 let us know how you get on. 

• Like 1