• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

22 minutes ago, Fuzzock said:

I would tend to agree with you on this, but as I can't get spares to replace them it is either this or replace them. 😪

Any suggestions for Big Bore 1/8th shocks that are easily (ish) available?

Ian...

I've used these and they are good quality...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284251494120?hash=item422eb596e8:g:v54AAOSwBehgcI9d

22 hours ago, Fuzzock said:

Cleaned the shock of Hyper 7 that I broke at the weekend ready for gluing tomorrow (Hopefully)

image.thumb.png.09fb1886300330397795fc2e00233a15.png

Ian...

Could maybe try to print one? Questionable how much punishment it would take, but probably more than a glued part

Speaking of which, I have been very quiet on the 3D printed parts front as i have been doing a bit of an overhaul on my printer. Installed a redesigned carriage with a far more efficient hot end, pulled all the sides off and re-organised the cables, changed some fans... with doing a full time job it's taken some time.

I can say that it was absolutely worth it though.
Just printed a part off in PA12-CF15 (Nylon with 15% carbon) and it's better than anything I have done with similar filmanets in the past.

So I'm back in the game... @.AJ. - Again, I'll have to let you know how it holds up 😄

20210513_215817.thumb.jpg.0c48d52f09e1d7853df43625b2f2f9a5.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/05/2021 at 21:44, dazp1976 said:

Fitted your last?.

Why?. Do you keep breaking them?.

If you have a broken one (or any other metal bits) that's measurable / copyable. I might take a look at it.

A couple of months and my new cnc project should be finished, or close to it.

Been out of rc (and most things) for a  long while lately (medical).

Last as in can't get anymore - though tbf this is the last CR Pro buggy that's been awaiting conversion - I do have some non Pro's though.  Will consider it thanks

1 hour ago, tanveer said:

Today I blew up my revo 3.3😢, full speed pass and the cooling head shoots off into the air and the engine stalled. Looks like its time to upgrade the engine😂

IMG_20210514_113033.jpg

IMG-20210514-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20210514-WA0009.jpeg

Did that proper - I always prefer a spectacular failure to something just breaking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

Did that proper - I always prefer a spectacular failure to something just breaking

It was spectacular indeed😂 gives me an excuse to buy a new engine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tanveer said:

It was spectacular indeed😂 gives me an excuse to buy a new engine 

Shame about your motor, did it land on its head and it snap off or did it just blow off the top? Good excuse to go brushless perhapse 😁

On that more on the nitro to brushless LST adventure.

IMG_20210515_003339.thumb.jpg.6efa66e6d946b33b8022b4bc2f4a9fc7.jpg

Tweaks to the LST Brushless conversion, should be more reliable then the bodge job belt drive as neat as it was when it worked.
Wont bore with the details here, up dated the thread for those intrested.

Running video tomorrow 🙂

Edited by Redback
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Redback said:

Shame about your motor, did it land on its head and it snap off or did it just blow off the top? Good excuse to go brushless perhapse 😁

Tweaks to the LST Brushless conversion, should be more reliable then the bodge job belt drive as neat as it was when it worked.

Running video tomorrow 🙂

Is that a big pinion or just a average size for brushless.

7 hours ago, turok007 said:

Is that a big pinion or just a average size for brushless.

Its way over sized, 14t - 20t  would be the range the nitro motor used. Need another mount to use the right size pinion, however motor should be powerful enough to shift it even with the massive pinion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, danny boy said:

More of a what did I do for my model today. I turned a broken computer monitor in a light panel for photographing my models. Tore the screen apart and installed some super bright pure white LEDs to give a very nice soft daylight like glow.

QwdCD6U.jpg?2

So now even in a pitch black room I can still have pure "daylight" for my images.

IMG_0886.thumb.JPG.18ad6b4f672b7fa189b6b336c2733681.JPG

IMG_0889.thumb.JPG.62a91ba41574c6b9a434fa53f46ecb82.JPG

IMG_0839.thumb.JPG.90c91cdea0c417f48ab96e983e6e2cb8.JPG

That’s really very cool indeed! 😎👌

16 hours ago, Redback said:

Running video tomorrow 🙂

Noo would never do such a thing, I absolutely love the revo 3.3 and really hooked on the nitro atm. The noise and whole experience brings back memories from being a kid. I have other brushless rc's for when I want the performance and ease of use. 

18 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

dad and i went up the quarry earlier and had a blast, i took my converted hyper 7 and my hyper vse 🙂

group pic

OHhpHlk.jpg

dads hyper st conversion

dads hyper 7 conversion

and another of his hyper 7

his nut job kronos

there were many breakages but none to my hyper vse although i did break my hyper 7 wing and then broke the wing mount and bent my back shock tower lol

it is fully functional though 🙂

wJwQ0AD.jpg

aXFxQqO.jpg

dads kronos didnt like the big boulder he hit 😛

luqXFeb.jpg

P5igk88.jpg

good fun day 🙂

Nice seeing the conversions running sweet  👍 Poor Konos got its front teeth knocked out 🤕

• Haha 1