• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Got round to changing the fluid in the front diff of my Savage XS today, it now has 50k in both diffs.

Just need some good weather now to see how it drives.

I have just been rebuilding mine, it’s been in a box in bits for about 5 years [emoji23]

I went with 3k front and 7k rear I think.....still had the standard grease in them so either way it will be an improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Acidsnow said:

Brilliant thanks, never noticed the sparkle, quite subtle ah take it? Does the white Knight have a pearl finish or is that the clear sparkle in effect? 

The clear sparkle is quite effective, doesn’t really come across in the photos, the White Knight is just a plain white, so it’s the effect of the clear sparkle.

2 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

excellent, will be a great workspace, looks like your gonna insulate it, and that will help with condensation

Yeah, tbh it's been in a field for over a decade, and it's dry as a bone inside anyway... really solid container despite it's ratty looks on the outside :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Reacher said:

Is this an rc workshop or for general stuff

Not exactly sure what direction I will go in primarily, but for sure I will be making RC Parts in here. CNC Router going in, along with a sander, saws, dremels... and probably plenty of other stuff too. Will probably leave a sleeping bag in there for when these guys have a party at their house 😂

• Like 2

Mounted the new chassis to the X12

20201009-155732.jpg

There's some side air in takes to add however I'm still playing around with the design to they are a work in progress. Rear defuser has been added and wiring has been done. The three extra fans run off of a small lipo and there's a bank of capacitors hidden to help with voltage drop off. 

• Like 3