• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

sounds like everyones having a ball with their rc's!

i didnt run anything today as the truggy has been primed and readied for the next NLB bash, i did however strip me new TC down for the very first time :)

if u can count me buying a new RC then thats what i also did :)

Got soaked and thrashed the living daylights out of the hyper got it minging, went home took engine out re oiled clutch bell bearings and slapped the engine back in ready for a nother hard bash today, might clean it sunday, don't clean it that much in winter as it gets dirty to quick and all the hard work is wasted imo, just get the thickest off with air compressor.

Finished putting the Muggy shocks on my Son's LSP, also fitted a new UJ driveshaft to it, then took it and my Muggy out for a thrash.

Took the Savvy out for a thrash and the new spur gear is officially GOOD. The hard ground with wet grass had zero grip, but I had a laugh drifting the beast :) Then the one-way bearing failed. Refuelled, hit the starter and it just span the gears and didn;t turn over the motor. Take out the glowplug and it turns. Will have to give it a clean and see if that helps. Otherwise...I think I do have a spare.

Least I got a couple of tanks through the thing without melting a spur! Hooray for metal spur gears.....

Took the Savvy out for a thrash and the new spur gear is officially GOOD. The hard ground with wet grass had zero grip, but I had a laugh drifting the beast Then the one-way bearing failed. Refuelled, hit the starter and it just span the gears and didn;t turn over the motor. Take out the glowplug and it turns. Will have to give it a clean and see if that helps. Otherwise...I think I do have a spare.

Least I got a couple of tanks through the thing without melting a spur! Hooray for metal spur gears.....

Hi nitro I hope you put on a heavy duty clutch bell on aswell with that metal spur gear as the metal spur will chew it to pieces as on the plastic one it will go well before the clutch bell but that metal one will destroy it and also a word of warning have that slipper a little bit looser as if you land wrong the metal spur will eat the gearbox gears like mine did lol remember the plastic spur gear breaking is a failsafe for your gearbox gears

Edited by itsme93

Hi.I fitted a new hub thing from the maxx on my MMM'd summit,cause I've not got the bearing that fits the original . Got the truck into the back garden,the x pin in nthe driveshaft broke.So I made a couple of new bits ,Then beat the crap out of it cause it'd annoyed me ;)