• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

went to take the scrt10 out only to find that i'd left the center drive shafts out when i put a new motor in(doh)

i take the diff housing from the car so i can get a good mesh with the biggest pinion(16t) because of the horrible cam type motor mount(arghhhh)

cheers

andy

:thumbsup:

took my steering servo apart because it wasnt working and realised I had ovalised one of the gears, then moaned at not having the cash atm to buy a new one :( Oh well payday saturday, going to get a metal geared one this time :) also switched a couple of bent turnbuckles to new ones :)

just done a quick cheap easy mod to the rs2 speed passion, the shocks as standard are way to soft, you could put heavier oil in like about 70w, but they have small collars on them which dont do anything, so a small piece of lead wrapped around the top of the shock body basically depressing the springs by about 1cm, has made a huge difference, even with nims 7.4 it wheelies a bit, but with the 2s lipo i just got it wheelies to the max every time, is soooo much more stable as well, the lead is negligible weight, but the whole model is really different and handles sooo much better.

later im getting some g-made transition shocks for my crawler for xmas and then ill add the losi shocks to the rs2.

Installed some alloy LST shocks and RPM suspension arms to my Muggy, and made a start on bodging my old Muggy shocks onto my son's Lightning Stadium Pro.

• Like 1

Steel 49T spur gear arrived today, so I braved the chill in the shed and fitted that...so the Savage is ready for a test run tomorrow. THIS spur gear had better not strip.....

Tomorrow will be test day...and I also hope to get the new clutch springs fitted to Truckzilla after one...collapsed...... Noticed a clutch bell was dragging. Pulled out one of the sheos to test the nearly new spring and the spring just stayed out....new HPI spring too....

Checked gear ratio on ally e-maxx, It's running a CC 1800 kv motor, 22/62 gearing on 6s gives 47 mph, but draws about 116 Amps. As It's such a torquey motor, dare I gear it up a little more?