• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

spent the last couple ofdays totally rebuilding my xray after its outing on sunday.

i looked at it on monday and really couldnt be arsed doing anything - it was rusting away after sitting in a puddle of its own mud overnight :yucky: .

once i started i couldnt stop haha. everything apart, shock rebuild, diff cases apart and now its good as new ready to get mucky again at the next meet!

stripped it down to the diffs re-greased them put it back together, no left over screws yay. its soooo quiet now you can only hear the motor

Alex

Have you kept the block that connects the rear diff and the slipper clutch as stock since moving to brushless or found a mod that works for it?

I'm looking at either buying and FTX Carnage chassis, as that's one piece and should hold it all together better, or seeing if I can get some short drive cups and putting this small Kyosho dogbone http://www.jespares.com/electric-models?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=12567&category_id=1285 between.

My problem is that although I screw the block down, and threadlock the screws, the rear screw still works it's way loose of the rear diff pinion pin and so doesn't transfer the drive to the wheels.

In keeping with the thread, I've removed both diffs ready for rebuilding, and had to cut the crappy LRP & Simply RC screws with a rotary tool to get them off.

Edited by graxon2001

Have you kept the block that connects the rear diff and the slipper clutch as stock since moving to brushless or found a mod that works for it?

I'm looking at either buying and FTX Carnage chassis, as that's one piece and should hold it all together better, or seeing if I can get some short drive cups and putting this small Kyosho dogbone http://www.jespares....ategory_id=1285 between.

My problem is that although I screw the block down, and threadlock the screws, the rear screw still works it's way loose of the rear diff pinion pin and so doesn't transfer the drive to the wheels.

In keeping with the thread, I've removed both diffs ready for rebuilding, and had to cut the crappy LRP & Simply RC screws with a rotary tool to get them off.

mine does work however the whole assembly seems to be off centre, the block itself isnt streight nither are the holes where the gurb screws go in. i love the idea of the short dogbone but its way to long and the slipper assembly is heald in place with that block so yeh. because they are off centre i think that the vibration works them loose, im sorry i cant be of more help i will pm you if i think of something and do a cad design they help me process things.

Alex