• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

What ya do with it Jack ?

It came out of the river and was not happy it ran rather erratic after its swim, did not notice how deep it was, but it made it back to where i parked rather reluctantly i have dried it out and given it a large dose of GT85 and seems to be okay now, will be a good video when i get time to put it together

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

It came out of the river and was not happy it ran rather erratic after its swim, did not notice how deep it was, but it made it back to where i parked rather reluctantly i have dried it out and given it a large dose of GT85 and seems to be okay now, will be a good video when i get time to put it together

Hope its ok when it dries out properly mate

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Corrosion x on the rx and you can submarine it all day.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

started building the dt-03 racing fighter last night and finished it today, stuck in a old and mild 3250 kv motor on 2s and it goes pretty well 🙂

p5J0KuL.jpg

VHbSfuD.jpg

abm57Xr.jpg

UcDj4ba.jpg

5jJR56f.jpg

I've been fancying one of these for a while, no idea why. 

Looks smart in that red. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

I've been fancying one of these for a while, no idea why. 

Looks smart in that red. 

cheers bud, you could try one they are pretty cheap and a good build as usual with tamiya, this one was 101 quid with no esc but it did come with the torque tuned brushed motor and oil shocks 🙂

edit: forgot to mention it only comes with plastic bushings, i was gonna replace the bearings on my dt-02 sandviper so had a ball race kit kicking around from rc bearings, so add in the cost for bearings as well.

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

cheers bud, you could try one they are pretty cheap and a good build as usual with tamiya, this one was 101 quid with no esc but it did come with the torque tuned brushed motor and oil shocks 🙂

edit: forgot to mention it only comes with plastic bushings, i was gonna replace the bearings on my dt-02 sandviper so had a ball race kit kicking around from rc bearings, so add in the cost for bearings as well.

I picked the £80 one up from Amazon, you get the ESC (I'll sell that), toque tuned motor and CVA shocks. Should be here in a week or so. For now I'll just stick a 1060 ESC in it and leave it pretty standard. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

I picked the £80 one up from Amazon, you get the ESC (I'll sell that), toque tuned motor and CVA shocks. Should be here in a week or so. For now I'll just stick a 1060 ESC in it and leave it pretty standard. 

Kool, much better deal than mine 🙂

Mind get bearings though 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

@Acidsnow ps2 might be closer to marlbro red its the red i sprayed the trx6 rims with

Cheers Stormbringer, in Edinburgh at the weekend so ah'll swing by wonderland an see what's what. 

• Like 1

Got the herja ready for a day out as the wife's at the office on a Wednesday. Get car ready. Then 2 minutes before I'm heading out get 2 guys from the gas company telling me there is a problem with the gas riser. And they have to replace it.  Cut to a few hours manic cleaning the kitchen so they can pull it apart to replace said item. What bloody fun lol.  Car went back on its shelf for the week. 

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Very nice mate :good:

Thanks. As I said in the Sca-1e thread 🤦‍♂️… decided to keep the decals for now at least. Still not sure about them, but I can take em off any time but wouldn’t be so easy to put them back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fat Freddy said:

Finished the bumper for the Element.
Can’t braze or weld.

£4 worth of aluminium tube and bar… bent, cut, drilled, tapped and screwed together. 
Quite pleased with the result.9DCDC59B-6A00-4D43-B628-7084E2B41F9C.jpeg.d5382e11d10d37c608fdc49fcfce6c1c.jpegC8A88B35-1E99-4DA4-8C2A-46EEF68A9241.jpeg.d7d9f23c0bbbe68a36318d57ed00418f.jpeg3C79E53F-22B1-4A98-8808-F5463E2E70FF.jpeg.31cc9ea66bf69f97798dceeed89c47f2.jpeg

Cannae beat the home brewed bits an pieces! 

• Like 3