• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

8 minutes ago, YOUR_DJ said:

My Granite's slip clutch is slipping and no matter how tight I make it, it keeps loosening and I lose power. Can you guys help me?

Rough up the metal slipper plates with some sand paper and thread lock the locking nut 👍 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Took the Quantum+ Flux out for a spin at the park. There are no skate park jumps or anything to destroy the car on so I just jumped it out of the old dried up paddling pool and the thing wrecked again.

So far it has suffered bent shock shafts, bent drive shafts, bent axle shafts, snapped suspension arms, snapped rear wing mount and smashed body shell. All this from little more than blipping around in parks you can hardly call  "bashing".

I don't know what this truck is for. It has no handling so you can't race it anywhere, it is made of glass so you can't bash it about. They claim it is 3S capable and whilst the ESC and motor are certainly fine the rest of the chassis just can't deal with the power and disintegrates. The wife is fuming that I've already spent money on repairing it before and now more repairs are needed I'm putting it up for sale as scrap and just going to buy a buggy instead. My daughter has a Tamiya Rising Fighter and it's bomb proof, well apart from needing to solder a wire back on the motor after snagging it on a tree stump

IMG-20220409-WA0014.jpeg

Edited by BaldyMan
Added photo to show bent shaft and turn buckle
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BaldyMan said:

Took the Quantum+ Flux out for a spin at the park. There are no skate park jumps or anything to destroy the car on so I just jumped it out of the old dried up paddling pool and the thing wrecked again.

So far it has suffered bent shock shafts, bent drive shafts, bent axle shafts, snapped suspension arms, snapped rear wing mount and smashed body shell. All this from little more than blipping around in parks you can hardly call  "bashing".

I don't know what this truck is for. It has no handling so you can't race it anywhere, it is made of glass so you can't bash it about. They claim it is 3S capable and whilst the ESC and motor are certainly fine the rest of the chassis just can't deal with the power and disintegrates. The wife is fuming that I've already spent money on repairing it before and now more repairs are needed I'm putting it up for sale as scrap and just going to buy a buggy instead. My daughter has a Tamiya Rising Fighter and it's bomb proof, well apart from needing to solder a wire back on the motor after snagging it on a tree stump

IMG-20220409-WA0014.jpeg

They seem to get such a decent reputation on Youtube, but im so skeptical, theyre just Banggood quality IMO. Sucks youre in this position though 😞

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Redback said:

Hows that even happen, is it made of cheese?

Definitely. I could replace both of them with universal drive shafts for £20 but there's no guarantee that will improve the issue. All of the drive cups are looking chewed up where the pins contact so that'll be another point of failure.

40 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

They seem to get such a decent reputation on Youtube, but im so skeptical, theyre just Banggood quality IMO. Sucks youre in this position though 😞

Maverick are HPI and it's looking like they're the budget toy brand. On paper it looks great but I've barely put a dozen battery packs through it and am looking at around £100 of repairs. 

I'm done with it, the electronics are decent but the rest of the truck isn't. They're selling you a 3S powered truck with entry level components that just buckle and break under that load. 

3 minutes ago, BaldyMan said:

Maverick are HPI and it's looking like they're the budget toy brand. On paper it looks great but I've barely put a dozen battery packs through it and am looking at around £100 of repairs. 

I'm done with it, the electronics are decent but the rest of the truck isn't. They're selling you a 3S powered truck with entry level components that just buckle and break under that load. 

Unfortunately HPI are also a shadow of their former selves…… not a company Id put my money into Im afraid, and they were once my favourite brand by a huge margin 

• Like 1

So I'm undecided now whether to strip the electronics and put them in something like the Hobao Hyper TT or to sell it as parts and pick up a 1/10 buggy. I want something smaller I can put in a backpack and take for a walk with the kids