• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Went to Burton Dassett

Found a minter than mint Land Rover so decided to get some snaps

oKyRdjx.jpg

qVFkuVO.jpg

That place looks amazing! The lack of clouds in the sky helps 😎

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Also attended a MRCC meet and met @Redback:

ZnxqTtg.jpg

C3xQSLF.jpg

Sure got a load of wheel time, you seemed to really enjoy the truck, the losi lst next to the xmaxx was funny, it made it look like a 1/10 truck!
Also cant belive how big the summit is, thought they were 1/10 but more like 1/7th.

Simply cracking day, great turn out, great weather, Hope to see you again there soon.
Didnt get a chance to get any pics to busy playing haha.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Redback said:

Sure got a load of wheel time, you seemed to really enjoy the truck, the losi lst next to the xmaxx was funny, it made it look like a 1/10 truck!
Also cant belive how big the summit is, thought they were 1/10 but more like 1/7th.

Simply cracking day, great turn out, great weather, Hope to see you again there soon.
Didnt get a chance to get any pics to busy playing haha.

100% will be there again, was great that other RCs were welcome too, was fun if a bit overwhelming using the X Maxx in such a busy environment, I had to go away from the group for a bit as didnt want to cause any issues in case it went wrong. 

Was out 4 hours, 3 lipos through the TRX4, down to just above LVC, and the X had a set of lipos through it. No breakages, which is always a bonus. I do love the X Maxx though!

Will definitely be there again, maybe even bring some of the other RCs too. 

The Summit’s basically an ERevo, so 1/8th really. What impressed me was its the first one Ive saw brushless. It performed like an E Revo in second gear, and Im sure was capable at crawling too. Surely the best of both for that environment.

Can see my line up changing slightly, maybe sell some of the similar stuff, invest in my X (needs a new servo really) and the TRX4 (although box stock, driven by two n00bs, I thought it held its own), and maybe pick up a brushless Summit and another TRX4 For the Mrs. 

Thanks for today mate @Redback 🙂

On 23/02/2022 at 18:03, BigGinge said:

Took the trail van out for its first run today. Was good fun and enjoyed by me, the lad (6) and the little lass (nearly two and a half, she had a bit of help with the steering).

60121F6E-81F6-4496-9E7D-348F96AD0ADC.thumb.jpeg.3bcb382355b5eebb3603d9ad8c0508fe.jpeg

It is quite top heavy with the big metal roof rack and van shell so was’nt too surprising to find it will happily traction roll when moving at speed. The first casualty of the trip was one of the wing mirrors that snapped off, during a roll, about 20 seconds after handing the controller to the six year old. Will have to find a more forgiving way to attach them for future trips. 

Maybe this would help with your next set of mirrors.

Can't take any credit for finding this as it was posted in the DC-1 thread by @Jack Reacher

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1