• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

anyone had a thunder tiger mt4 g3?

tanveer

I should have filmed it really..

I was driving it up a steep bank and launching it, no problems doing that but when i deceided to drive it off the bank one time i took a nice long run up, it hit a bump in the ground and launched itself off the bank and flipped and cart-wheeled across the field, the final flip resulted in a "CRUNCH" and i ran over to inspect the damage.

Luckily only damage was a snapped pin and some missing spacers. :) no idea how much the pin will be to replace, do u think i could claim under warranty?

LOL

Feel for ya Snappy, not nice at all but it happens in this hobby.

Done some work on my MT4 today, stripped, cleaned and rebuilt all three diffs. I used Traxxas 30k Diff Fluid in the front and rear diffs and 50k in the centre.

The front and rear diffs had grease in them, not packed but a fair amount in them. The centre have virtually none, no wonder the truck keep diffing out.

It really has made a difference, I still think the centre could have used thicker fluid but it's def improoved the handling of my MT4. Recommended for all MT4 owners!!

Hey JayJ

its all good man, i am a bit gutted about that snapped pin as i have not had a chance to repair the damage yet, especially with all this nice weather we have been having! i have broke out the nitro truck the last few days!

I will repairing the damage to the G3 on my day off this week and also going to addressing my steering issues, i just noticed i have a lot of toe in, might be the reason i need about a mile to turn!

regards

Fixed mine yesterday,got a good deal on a st-1 rear end & shocks,35 posted,been out twice this weekend with 8 shocks on til i broke the dodgy one again.Bit bouncy but good for jumps.Need some thinner oil in em.

Fixed mine yesterday,got a good deal on a st-1 rear end & shocks,35 posted,been out twice this weekend with 8 shocks on til i broke the dodgy one again.Bit bouncy but good for jumps.Need some thinner oil in em.

i was thinking of putting the extra shocks on myself, you beat me to it!

I fixed the damage, only cost me £3 for the pin and spacers. :)

EDIT- Grrr! After fixing it and then driving for all of 5 mins i have completely lost all power! no steering or throttle response!

i have the batteries on charge right now, hope it was just that and not a faulty ESC otherwise its a phone call to modelsport in the morning!

Edited by snappy

Hope its not serious,what is your esc cutoff set to? Might be worth checking across the balance lead with a voltmeter to see there is continuity between the cells. (i was thinking of putting the extra shocks on myself, you beat me to it!) It seems to work ok with the 8 shocks,just using 2 front,4 rear at the mo.Increased ride height without using the collars but needs softer springs or lighter oil. The Trenchers are pretty good too,plenty of grip even on loose,dry dirt.

:(

its not my lipos, guess thats a good thing. My fan on the ESC is no longer spinning when i turn the truck on & the receiver is making a funny noise (high pitched squeel)

nightmare!

ESC cut off is level 5 (3.2v)

Edited by snappy

Hey Bueller

I am sending the ESC back to modelsport, fantastic young man i spoke to on the phone advised me of a couple of things to try and eliminate whether it was the reciever or the ESC, its the latter!

Until I get a replacement, I am off the road :(

That's a shame to read there not real beadlocks as I was going to get some for my S50, I think I'll still get hold of the the front hubs and hex drives though for my trucks with silly 8mm axles.

With regards to your steering issues you might want to get hold of a better drag link...

IMG00764-20101014-1443.jpg

If you click on my MTA4 S50 link in my sig you can see the rest of my build and how it fits. I'm assuming the G3 has the same steering linkage as the S50 though.

I bought mine from a guy in the states can't remember his name now, might be a link in my build thread?

That's a shame to read there not real beadlocks as I was going to get some for my S50, I think I'll still get hold of the the front hubs and hex drives though for my trucks with silly 8mm axles.

With regards to your steering issues you might want to get hold of a better drag link...

IMG00764-20101014-1443.jpg

If you click on my MTA4 S50 link in my sig you can see the rest of my build and how it fits. I'm assuming the G3 has the same steering linkage as the S50 though.

I bought mine from a guy in the states can't remember his name now, might be a link in my build thread?

No mate,the link is different on the mt4.I had an original mgt a few years ago,the guy who did the drag link was The Dude i think.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys i recently picked up one of these after debating for a month to get this or the savage but the mt4 won as ive used thunder tiger in the past

(EB4-S1) and never broke anything on a thunder tiger to date and that was 10 years ago i was just wondering what diff oil your running in the center diff as when mine points skyward it looses all power to the rear and drops i was thinking of going 10k in front and rear and 40k in the center would this help also what batteries are you all running???

cheers jim

<p>ok cool cheers guys also has anyone found the programing card that works yet as if not im thinking of just getting a castle esc for it then sell the esc that came with it also just to let you know i have an old eb4-s1 and quite a few parts are identical

• 1 month later...

I'm planning on getting one of these as.I've heard their tougher than savage and revo's, couple of questions, u say brakes are.set.too high and u can run 2 x 2s Lipo, do u need a program card to program the esc to change brakes etc on the esc, and does Tue battery tray room for two mill's ?

yer only thing ive had go wrong is stripped the center diff but it was not shimmed right and had no oil in but ive done some 8ft jumps onto tarmac and held up really well just a few scratches on the chassis but yer 100% recommend this truck and i run on 2 2s 5000mah bats get around 40mis run time

what is the dimensions of the battery tray, i no 2 x 2s lipo's will work , just so i can find out what size of battery/batteries i could get in, and im new to this but is 2 x 2s better rather than 1 4s, and at what voltages do u get the 7.4 or 11.1 ?, and regarding the mah and voltage of the battery does it double when u have 2 and what is the max mah/voltage i could use, cheers, rusty.

Edited by rusty7

• 1 year later...